Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #11
mallotalvo
Registered Users
seller

Re: I am done! buying on FSOT

I would ask two questions: 1. would you have bought them in person in the shape/quality they are in and if so for how much and 2. are you willing to return for extra postage fees?

Good luck momma. I would hate to feel the way you do. Fluff mail is always so exciting! But a word of encouragement, the best absorbing diapers i have do not look in the best shape. So maybe??

Advertisement

Last edited by mallotalvo; 09-17-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: hit enter before i was done-- sorry!
mallotalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
2cutetoddlers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can understand how you feel... Sorry it happened... I too say I will never buy on FSOT-used... But then I do and when I get the "yuck", my daughter is like I thought you weren't going to buy used anymore and I'm like I know I need to stick to the new because I'd rather not have Fluff disappointment...
2cutetoddlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #13
poppan
Registered Users
seller

I would get a mod to help mediate. They don't sound to be in vguc to me and I would want to return for a refund or get a partial refund consistent with the condition they're in.

I also agree that once you wash them they are yours.

I've had this happen to me too--just because something has been bleached free of stains does not make it EUC!! I learned from that and now I ask more questions before buying.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 09-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #14
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

sorry mama, it really stinks when that happens. i just got a diaper that i don't feel is in the condition described. it was cheap though, so it's not worth the hassle.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppan View Post
I would get a mod to help mediate. They don't sound to be in vguc to me and I would want to return for a refund or get a partial refund consistent with the condition they're in.

I also agree that once you wash them they are yours.

I've had this happen to me too--just because something has been bleached free of stains does not make it EUC!! I learned from that and now I ask more questions before buying.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Werd.

PM a Mod!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #16
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
It's pretty accepted IME that once you wash and wear, there is no returning.
If you wash them, they're yours!

If you're unhappy with the condition, then tell the seller how she can make it right. Would you be happy with a partial refund? Do you just want to return them? Tell her, see what she'll do. And you can also contact a mod who will help you both work this out.
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #17
mommieleah74
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My rule of thumb when listing diapers is I list them for what I personally would pay for them. I am pretty picky when it comes to things so if it passes my inspection, then I know it will be fine leaving my hands. So sorry you are having a problem. I love getting fluffy mail and would hate getting it if I was disappointed.
mommieleah74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #18
lilylouhoo
Registered Users
Formerly: lilylouwho
seller
seller

This probably isn't very helpful because I can't see them and don't know who sold them but I'll say it anyway. I bought a bunch of new BB from authorized sellers and some had really crappy fleece in the lining. I washed them one time and there was a ton of pilling and the fabric was so thin that I could see the pattern on the outside of the diapers through the fleece! The looked worse than the other ones I had that were older. They looked worse than the very used FB I bought in GUC and I hadn't even used them yet. Plus the snaps on the inserts are off center so the inserts make a V shape when they are snapped. I seriously thought they were seconds at first. I am going to submit a warranty claim because they are not worth the money I spent. I buy BB assuming there will be a certain level of return on my investment if I take good care of them but I don't know that these would even hold up and I sure couldn't sell them for what I hoped to. I would assume diapers that were only prepped would be in better than EEUC but these looked like GUC at best. I wonder if BB is just not doing a great job in the quality control department these days. I don't know what to say about lumpy inserts but I can totally relate the thin, worn out fleece.
lilylouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote