Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
aprlar4lil1s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tandem Nursing in Future

I am going to be going though this in Apr 2012 this is baby is #5 tandem nursing will be for the first time. I never even understood there was a difference lol. I now do I have read up on it and I'm slowly talking to other moms n leaders in my LLL n babywearing group but!!! I'm still unsure of how things will work out. My DS is a 100% total mommy only boy! He doesn't take to anyone he hasn't he's happy playing and doing on his own if he can hear me. If he cant hear me he will accually yell Mom! As a check in with me, if I don't answer he brings down the hammer! He's still Breastfeeding an I am totally okay with that. It's what puts him to sleep at night and relaxes him during the day and his fav right before and sometimes after he has food. I'm trying to figure out what my new needs will be when baby comes so I can as much as I can get him used to waiting while baby nurses first. I'm learning I don't have to nurse at the same time. I'm going to try to nurse him in longer periods while baby's sleeping so when baby wakes he will be nursed up happy and playing. I'm reading tamdem nursing adventure and nursing your toddler any other tips or advice would be helpful. I will also have 4 other kids to be thinking about whole time..

Advertisement

aprlar4lil1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
MyChubs0831
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Tandem Nursing in Future

You sound like Supermom! I only have one so I've never tandem nursed but I'm sure Kellymom has some great information.
MyChubs0831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

How old is your DS now? He may wean or reduce his nursing during your pregnancy. My DD nursed through my pregnancy and still nurses now, but she was 2.5 when my DS was born. During my pregnancy, I had to set some limits on nursing because it was quite painful and sometimes drove me up the wall.

But I am very glad to be tandem nursing. It works really well in our family.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
love_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tandem nursing worked really well for me. But I only had the two at the time that were 18 months apart in age. Nursing them at the same time helped me rest more and not worry about what the older one was up to.

Having a basket of toys/books for the 2.5 yo to play/read while you are nursing lo. Talking now with youngest about baby coming and plan for nursing boundaries.

hth
love_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
love_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cloth
Tandem nursing worked really well for me. But I only had the two at the time that were 18 months apart in age. Nursing them at the same time helped me rest more and not worry about what the older one was up to.

Having a basket of toys/books for the 2.5 yo to play/read while you are nursing lo. Talking now with youngest about baby coming and plan for nursing boundaries.

hth
I assumed age, sorry.
love_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

I tandem nursed my DS and DD but they are very close in age 10 month 3 weeks apart I was planning on tandem nursing my DD and baby number 3 but about two weeks ago I was hospitalized overnight for a kidney infection and than DD showed very little interest in nursing so I sadly weaned her at 12.5 months so it looks like I will only be nursing one baby this winter unless I can get her to restart after my milk comes in I loved tandem nursing when I did it for 7 months I loved watching DS and DD hold hands while eating
Old 09-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a tandem nursing mama i love it so much! My children are exactly 1 yr apart. While i was pregnant we eventually got down to nursing just in the morning 1x for a long time while laying in bed and that was it. I did have to supplement for 6 months That broke my heart. But now they are 17 months and 5 months and nurse alot, togehter, alone...but both sttn so that helps alot mama gets her space then! Good luck...its different than i thought...its wonderful and naturall....nothing really changes...just another mouth to feed
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote