Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
mommie2avery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Kind of sad

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and I have been nursing my 9 month old twins. I recently started giving them forumla because I go to school, especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays I am gone from 6:45 am till 5:30pm and I have no idea where to pump on campus. Plus when I do pump I dont' get much at all. I now think my supply is almost gone because my son will nurse 24/7 if I let him and now when he is latched and hungry he sometimes cries and gets fussy. I was hoping to nurse them till a year but I have no idea now to increase my supply while pregnant or if I can even do it now.

PS Last night he wanted to be latched on almost all night long. We woke up every two hours for some boob.....

Oh and also Mother-in-law keeps insisting that after six months it is not beneficial to the baby to have breast milk (granted this is coming from a lady who didn't put a small 7 yr old and a 3 yr old into booster seats and insists that at 20 lbs she is forward facing one of her grandbabies.......)

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kind of sad

hugs mama! So hard because you want to take of that baby inside of you, but you want to take care of the babies outside of you, too. My MIL is the same way and wonders why I BF at all! And DH even thinks that beyond the first few months BF isn't as important. For many women, their supply does dry up during pregnancy. You gave them a wonderful start, but I know it's disappointing. You are a great mama!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
nasladybug
Registered Users
seller

Location: foothills of the Appalachian Moutains - North Georgia
My Mood:

Of course breastmilk is best - but your twins will do great with formula - Congratulations on nursing TWINS for 9 MONTHS and on continuing to nurse after becoming pregnant! That is real dedication!

We Jesus!
nasladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
mommie2avery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still makes me sad. I think I am going to continue to give Brayden my breast whenever he needs to the comfort. Maybe then, when I do start back he'll still want to nurse. Though I can hear my husband now (He is like his mom and apparently thinks it is nasty to BF past a year but he'll get over it)
Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #5
gooshi78
Registered Users

My Mood:

a lot of mommies dry up during pregnancy.... but you gave your twins a great start! and i give you kudos for not listening to your MIL, babies benefit for the first year and beyond.... formula is not evil though and its great that its available for situations like yours! congrats!
gooshi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
MyChubs0831
Registered Users

My Mood:

Old 09-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't listen to you MIL on the carseat/breastmilk thing. She raised children in a different time, and things change fast in the world of child safety and health. Some recommendations even changed in between when I had my two kids!! I've heard it can be hard to BF while pregnant. I would say do the best you can and don't beat yourself up!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
mommie2avery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. Maybe when the babe is born who knows.... The MIL needs to update lol. We don't ride around holding kids anymore. Nor do we feed them karosyrup and sausage at two weeks old. true story there..... I about died!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

((HUGS)) Mama. I woudl be sad too. If you really want to up your supply, you could try power pumping. Pump for five minutes, rest for one minute, pump five, rest one, pump five. It adds 2 minutes extra to the pumping session and you can do it every time you pump.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
mommie2avery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the tip Kocho.