Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Preparing for Round 2 with IGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
Me! I have IGT, and have nursed 2 babies. I never had a full supply, but I did have a better supply the 2nd time around.

For my 2nd pregnancy, I took alfalfa, red raspberry leaf, nettle and red clover. I started malunggay, goat's rue and pumping for 5 mins a day at 34 weeks. Aftet the birth I added in every other herb known to man.

Have you read The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRina View Post
Hi Bekki! I think that we were posting in some of the same forums our first time around together...

Glad to hear a realistic report of your second experience. I'm still awaiting my herbs, but glad to see it looks like I made some of the same choices you did... The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk is my second Bible right now. I tried to pick my supplements based on what I believe may be some of my low production causes. Did you feel that any of those that you chose were particularly more helpful than the others?
I don't have IGT but I had a really low supply with my DD who was born around the same time as your LO's (3/09) so I remembered both of you when I popped in here. Congrats on your impending birth! The only thing that worked for me was the Dom...and again, like I said, I didn't have IGT, just low supply from supplementing

Advertisement

ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #12
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post
I don't have IGT but I had a really low supply with my DD who was born around the same time as your LO's (3/09) so I remembered both of you when I popped in here. Congrats on your impending birth! The only thing that worked for me was the Dom...and again, like I said, I didn't have IGT, just low supply from supplementing
Hi There! I'm better at remembering an avi than a user name, but so nice to run into you again! I've got on unexpired Dom from the first go-round that I'll be starting a few days after birth (unless of course God sees fit to give me a miracle!). Thanks for stopping by with some encouragement!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #13
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOmof3 View Post
when can you start these two? i have alfalfa here but need goats rue. MAY have some left from yds have to relook.
Hi again Amy!

You were in the mix with Bekki and I (and Felicia) the last go round. I ordered "Nursing Mother's Guide to Making More Milk" from Amazon. Remember it being pretty reasonable.... Maybe $15?

I've already started the Alfalfa. Goat's Rue should be started at 35 weeks or so from what I've read.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #14
Bekki
Registered Users
seller
seller

Alfalfa can be started right away. For goat's rue, it's best to wait until 34 weeks, or at least the 3rd trimester.

There's no concrete reason to think that goat's rue can be harmful, BUT -

Years ago, someone did a study on the toxicity of goat's rue in sheep (yes, sheep). Eating large amounts turned out to be detrimental to them, so it was deemed unhealthy.

BUT - the herb we take is just the leaf. These sheep ate the leaf *and* the root. So, was it the root? This is the only case when goat's rue has caused harm to any creature, so it's safe to guess that it's the root that's toxic.

There's a ton of anecdotal evidence pointing to goat's rue being safe late in pregnancy. I took it from 34 weeks on with no issues.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #15
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

thnx! K i ordered the alf alfa. Already take red rasberry (took it with yds too). What about blessed thistle?

Oh and Fee is STILL nursing her 1 year old now! He turned one this month
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote