Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
NiNi's Avatar
NiNi
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,163
opinion needed

My friend purchased an item off of a website, and I really don't know. So I thought id ask you all

Now she purchased a portable dvd holder. Contacted the seller and asked if she could two day mail it because she wanted it for a weekend trip they were making. Seller said sure, it'd be $12. (Shipping was free for standard.)

She gets the item and its broken. The clips that secure it to the headrest are broken, so its unusable.

The site is willing to send her another and she feels like she wants a refund of shipping, because she wouldn't have paid to ship it faster if she couldn't use it.

Opinions?

sent from my droid x...excuse all typos and autocorrect!

Advertisement

NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
jessd32003's Avatar
jessd32003
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In my own little world of coffee and chaos
Posts: 2,593
My Mood:
Re: opinion needed

I guess for me it would depend on why it arrived broken? Did they package it incorrectly or was it a freak accident that it got broken and you really can't even tell how it happened? If it was obviously their fault, I would expect and request a refund on the express shipping! Good luck!
__________________
Jessica~Trying hard to keep my sanity with a 14 yr old , and 11 & 7 yr old boys. Wish my kids did more of this and less of this .
jessd32003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
NiNi's Avatar
NiNi
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessd32003
I guess for me it would depend on why it arrived broken? Did they package it incorrectly or was it a freak accident that it got broken and you really can't even tell how it happened? If it was obviously their fault, I would expect and request a refund on the express shipping! Good luck!
It came broken....the clips were broken out of package. It looks as if it was shipped that way.

sent from my droid x...excuse all typos and autocorrect!
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
jessd32003's Avatar
jessd32003
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In my own little world of coffee and chaos
Posts: 2,593
My Mood:
Re: opinion needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNi View Post
It came broken....the clips were broken out of package. It looks as if it was shipped that way.

sent from my droid x...excuse all typos and autocorrect!
I don't know.....that could be a tough one. Was it visible that it was broken? Like is it a definite that they had to have seen it was broken when they packed it up to ship but shipped anyway?
__________________
Jessica~Trying hard to keep my sanity with a 14 yr old , and 11 & 7 yr old boys. Wish my kids did more of this and less of this .
jessd32003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
NiNi's Avatar
NiNi
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessd32003

I don't know.....that could be a tough one. Was it visible that it was broken? Like is it a definite that they had to have seen it was broken when they packed it up to ship but shipped anyway?
Im going to say yes. The clips wouldn't stay closed around the cardboard form they put it around, because it was broken.

sent from my droid x...excuse all typos and autocorrect!
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
NiNi's Avatar
NiNi
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessd32003

I don't know.....that could be a tough one. Was it visible that it was broken? Like is it a definite that they had to have seen it was broken when they packed it up to ship but shipped anyway?
Its one of those clips like on the Ergo? The ones you have to push the sides in. A whole little prong was missing. Also, it wasn't in the package she says

sent from my droid x...excuse all typos and autocorrect!
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
jessd32003's Avatar
jessd32003
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In my own little world of coffee and chaos
Posts: 2,593
My Mood:
Re: opinion needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNi View Post
Its one of those clips like on the Ergo? The ones you have to push the sides in. A whole little prong was missing. Also, it wasn't in the package she says

sent from my droid x...excuse all typos and autocorrect!
Yea, I'd ask. Worst they can do is say "no".
__________________
Jessica~Trying hard to keep my sanity with a 14 yr old , and 11 & 7 yr old boys. Wish my kids did more of this and less of this .
jessd32003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #8
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,884
Re: opinion needed

I'd need to see a picture but yes, I think the seller should refund. The seller is responsible for shipping items safely.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
Kristi26's Avatar
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,356
My Mood:
Re: opinion needed

I have to agree that asking for a refund on the shipping is reasonable here. The worst they can tell you is no, as another poster said.
__________________
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.