Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
NiNi
Registered Users

opinion needed

My friend purchased an item off of a website, and I really don't know. So I thought id ask you all

Now she purchased a portable dvd holder. Contacted the seller and asked if she could two day mail it because she wanted it for a weekend trip they were making. Seller said sure, it'd be $12. (Shipping was free for standard.)

She gets the item and its broken. The clips that secure it to the headrest are broken, so its unusable.

The site is willing to send her another and she feels like she wants a refund of shipping, because she wouldn't have paid to ship it faster if she couldn't use it.

Opinions?

sent from my droid x...excuse all typos and autocorrect!

Advertisement

NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
jessd32003
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: opinion needed

I guess for me it would depend on why it arrived broken? Did they package it incorrectly or was it a freak accident that it got broken and you really can't even tell how it happened? If it was obviously their fault, I would expect and request a refund on the express shipping! Good luck!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessd32003
I guess for me it would depend on why it arrived broken? Did they package it incorrectly or was it a freak accident that it got broken and you really can't even tell how it happened? If it was obviously their fault, I would expect and request a refund on the express shipping! Good luck!
It came broken....the clips were broken out of package. It looks as if it was shipped that way.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
jessd32003
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNi View Post
It came broken....the clips were broken out of package. It looks as if it was shipped that way.

I don't know.....that could be a tough one. Was it visible that it was broken? Like is it a definite that they had to have seen it was broken when they packed it up to ship but shipped anyway?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:

I don't know.....that could be a tough one. Was it visible that it was broken? Like is it a definite that they had to have seen it was broken when they packed it up to ship but shipped anyway?
Im going to say yes. The clips wouldn't stay closed around the cardboard form they put it around, because it was broken.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:

Its one of those clips like on the Ergo? The ones you have to push the sides in. A whole little prong was missing. Also, it wasn't in the package she says

Old 09-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
jessd32003
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNi View Post
Its one of those clips like on the Ergo? The ones you have to push the sides in. A whole little prong was missing. Also, it wasn't in the package she says

Yea, I'd ask. Worst they can do is say "no".
Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #8
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I'd need to see a picture but yes, I think the seller should refund. The seller is responsible for shipping items safely.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to agree that asking for a refund on the shipping is reasonable here. The worst they can tell you is no, as another poster said.
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote