Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
megamann84
Registered Users

Biting hurts!!!!!

Help!!! My 8 month old only has his bottom two teeth yet somehow he has started biting me. Sometimes it is so bad I start bleeding! When he does it I say No sternly, but he still does it. What else can I do???

Advertisement

megamann84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
Qylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Biting hurts!!!!!

I wrote this in my own thread - my little guy isn't biting but he still is doing bad behavior.

My son is now 5.5 months old. I like Bf in the cradle position, lately his top free arm is very mobile. He is grabbing my shirt, pulling my hair, and sticking him hand in my mouth. I have been telling him 'NO' very sternly, and unlatching him. Yesterday, I finally bit his fingers a little when he put them in my mouth. That finally got a reaction and he stopped putting them in my mouth. Does anyone have advice on what to do?

Last edited by Qylie; 09-29-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Qylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
megamann84
Registered Users

My LO did that and the best thing that worked for us was to bf in dark quiet room. Otherwise, I continue to let him play and when he is really hungry he settles down. At least most of the time
Old 09-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
MyChubs0831
Registered Users

My Mood:

Biting - unlatch & put baby down & then start again / with bottom teeth it's easier to know when they are gonna do it b/c you can feel & sense their tounge moving back

Bad nursing manners - at 5mons it's gonna be hard for them to understand they are having "bad behavior" - giving them something to play with or using a nursing necklace might help

Kellymom has some good tips on nursing manners too
Old 09-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Biting does hurt! A baby who is latched correctly and actively nursing CANNOT bite with their bottom teeth. He's either playing, in which case I might try a break, or teething on your boob. My DD did this for a short time, then stopped, so I don't have a lot of advice, just sympathy.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
megamann84
Registered Users

Thanks ladies! I can tell when he is about to do it! I am just SO afraid for when the top come in!!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

My DS bites all the time! Man oh man, does it hurt!! I've noticed he usually bites bc he's bored and done nursing. A lot of times he'll want to stay latched on just for comfort but that's when he likes to bite and pull hair or slap my boobs and face. He's a wild one.

Your LO might just be experimenting w their new little chompers and figuring out how they work Hope for your nipples sake that experimenting on mama ends soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
megamann84
Registered Users

Greenymommy your LO sounds just like my feisty one! I wish us both luck!!