Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #21
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Attack of the arm!

I hold the "crazy arm" down with the arm they are cradled in. It only works in long sleeves. You can pinch the sleeve between your fingers of the arm you have holding them. I have a defective gene or something and it's law that every mobile object head right at my eye. Even crazy baby arms.

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #22
BattleBuddies
Registered Users
Formerly: ArmyWife1118
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qylie View Post
My son is now 5.5 months old. I like Bf in the cradle position, lately his top free arm is very mobile. He is grabbing my shirt, pulling my hair, and sticking him hand in my mouth. I have been telling him 'NO' very sternly, and unlatching him. Yesterday, I finally bit his fingers a little when he put them in my mouth. That finally got a reaction and he stopped putting them in my mouth. Does anyone have advice on what to do?
My ten month old does this . I kiss his hand, or hold it, or give him something to hold; NEVER in a million years would I even consider biting him

BattleBuddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #23
RM09Mama
Registered Users
seller

I understand your frustration but please try to see this from your baby's perspective. He's obviously a happy, growing baby who's exploring his world the only way he knows how, in the safest place he knows. I would not bite him or even try to pin his arm down. It's a normal part of his development and shows that he's alert, engaged and trying to connect with you and his world. Most likely this is a phase that will pass.

Examine your behavior -- are you ignoring him and watching TV, talking on the phone, etc. while he nurses? Maybe he's trying to get your attention. You can also try breast compressions/massage to encourage him to focus on eating. They tend to be more distractible bretween let-downs.

As for the cover, I had the same problem with my first son around 6 months. But honestly I'm glad. I learned to nurse discreetly without the cover and it really was simpler. I think it actually drew less attention than the "nursing burka."
Old 09-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM09Mama View Post
I think it actually drew less attention than the "nursing burka."
I had a friend in college who wore a burka occasionally and I had the privilege of seeing her nurse in it! (Burkas are easy access to nurse in, who knew!) You must be referring to the nursing circus tent?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #25
NiNi
Registered Users

Id give him something else to play with.

Ahh I can't imagine biting my baby though....

sent from my droid x...excuse all typos and autocorrect!
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote