Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Skin Fungus

Both of my kids have fungus on their faces. My dd has seen her doc for it, and after using an over the counter cream the nurse called in a perscription for steriod cream. My ds is getting a little bit that is responding to the over the counter stuff. My concern is just that the spot on dd has been there a while (we thought it was something else and were using a different cream for a while), and it IS responding to the perscription but slowly. Is there anything I can do to make it go away any faster??

We went to the pool yesterday and all got some sun so I'm wondering if sun will cause a skin fungus to die? Or anything else?
I guess we have quite a bit of the perscription cream still I just want it GONE

Advertisement

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
cbabysmom
Registered Users

My son has this too. It has been well over a month, but we have only been treating it as a fungus for a week and a half. It is slowly getting better. I also want his gone since it has been so long, but it must just take awhile. Good luck!
cbabysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
fr0ggybaby
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Skin Fungus

we have mrsa real bad in our county. so i use tea tree oil every day in her bath. just to make sure. and when she gets a bite or scratch..tea tree oil. i know it kills everything..lice,mrsa..ect.. i dont know if it would work faster ..i know it would work tho!! hth
Old 09-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
threelittlehoneys
seller
seller

hmmmm ok, we were using a tea tree ointment on it since she had a staph infection in that same spot and at first we thought it was that trying to come back. So I'll try the tea tree on it and see if it helps! dd is going to be furious with me though! She HATES that stuff
Old 09-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
kneadedmommato4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Live probiotics, check their zinc, and I would also suggest a liquid colliodal silver...Deseret Biologicals(desbio.com) makes "Smart Silver". Processed in a way that prevents 'blue man syndrome'. I would dose internally as well as spray on affected area. When I got a staph infection at a gym a couple of years ago it was amazing!! Good luck and speedy recovery!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
kneadedmommato4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #6
threelittlehoneys
seller
seller

They are getting extra zinc from their calcium tabs. I will bump up their probiotics and I DO have some colloidal silver but I will not give it to them internally. I'll spray it on the redness though and see if it helps! thank you!