Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
My Mood:

DS is 5 and DD is 2 1/2. For the most part they are the best of friends and enjoy playing together. I know it's "normal" to go through a hitting phase, but I am concerned on DS's part. When DD hurts DS, she empathizes with him most of the time and tries to make DS better. But DS show NO empathy whatsoever and usually is forced to take a time out before he will apologize to DD. There are also many times when he will be hurting DD in one way or another while we are trying to tell him to stop and although DD starts screaming or crying, DS does NOT stop.

Is this normal? Or should I be concerned? Well, I am concerned and that's why I am posting this. I would appreciate any feedback or advice!!!

Brandi~wife to the love of my life 08/14/04
SAHM to Derrick 08/09/06 & Emily 12/24/08 & 1 angel baby
BranAn7881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Hitting!

Phd in parenting (blog) just did a post on toddler hitting - maybe it could help?
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote