Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #181
MegBee's Avatar
MegBee
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,071
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

I keep jumping in to ask questions, sorry. But you all keep answering, so thanks! Just noticing that the title of this thread is about how trim alvas are. Is it because the materials are thin? I kind of hope so. I love trim diapers so I would be using a hemp insert instead of the ones it comes with. Also, does anyone have these and kawaii? Is kawaii a thicker material? I think those are tpu and these are pul? Last question, if your baby can talk, do they think these are comfy? I always worry about my baby being comfy and not getting too hot. He can't tell me if he prefers cloth or disposables os I'm just curious. Sorry, I guess I should just start a new thread but I figure all of you could help.

Advertisement

__________________
Megan -Wife to Larry 4/22/08, Mommy to Allen 2/22/11 and Hayden 10/7/13
MegBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #182
*MamaStacy*'s Avatar
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 7,079
My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegBee View Post
I keep jumping in to ask questions, sorry. But you all keep answering, so thanks! Just noticing that the title of this thread is about how trim alvas are. Is it because the materials are thin? I kind of hope so. I love trim diapers so I would be using a hemp insert instead of the ones it comes with. Also, does anyone have these and kawaii? Is kawaii a thicker material? I think those are tpu and these are pul? Last question, if your baby can talk, do they think these are comfy? I always worry about my baby being comfy and not getting too hot. He can't tell me if he prefers cloth or disposables os I'm just curious. Sorry, I guess I should just start a new thread but I figure all of you could help.
My baby tries to talk, lol, but she seems very comfy in her Alva's. We haven't seen any red marks or anything. The thighs are a higher cut than our Sunbaby diapers. I have some Kawaii's, they are aplix though. I find the outers to be a bit thinner, yes. I really do like the Alva diapers for their price.
__________________
Stacy wife to Chad
Mommy to 4 blessings
Our baby Sprout grew wings 11/19/14
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #183
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 3,440
My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegBee View Post
I keep jumping in to ask questions, sorry. But you all keep answering, so thanks! Just noticing that the title of this thread is about how trim alvas are. Is it because the materials are thin? I kind of hope so. I love trim diapers so I would be using a hemp insert instead of the ones it comes with. Also, does anyone have these and kawaii? Is kawaii a thicker material? I think those are tpu and these are pul? Last question, if your baby can talk, do they think these are comfy? I always worry about my baby being comfy and not getting too hot. He can't tell me if he prefers cloth or disposables os I'm just curious. Sorry, I guess I should just start a new thread but I figure all of you could help.
my kiddo can't talk or anything like that but she seems really comfy in her alvas..more so then in her elementals. While the materials don't seem thinner then seem more...flexible? I don't really know how to explain it. I can't compare kawaii or anything like that because I don't own any
__________________
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #184
katedanzer's Avatar
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 11,189
My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Noelle in her pretty rose Alva

__________________
Eli's Wipe-E's <---Customs & Instock
katedanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #185
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 3,440
My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

that is GORGEOUS! The photo they had really didn't do it justice!
__________________
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #186
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,069
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegBee View Post
I keep jumping in to ask questions, sorry. But you all keep answering, so thanks! Just noticing that the title of this thread is about how trim alvas are. Is it because the materials are thin? I kind of hope so. I love trim diapers so I would be using a hemp insert instead of the ones it comes with. Also, does anyone have these and kawaii? Is kawaii a thicker material? I think those are tpu and these are pul? Last question, if your baby can talk, do they think these are comfy? I always worry about my baby being comfy and not getting too hot. He can't tell me if he prefers cloth or disposables os I'm just curious. Sorry, I guess I should just start a new thread but I figure all of you could help.
I ordered my Alvas through the co-op and got them with bamboo inserts instead of MF. The bamboo are more $ and you order them separately. They are VERY trim! Kawaii diapers are definitely bulkier than Alvas IME.

DD doesn't have words to tell me if she is comfortable or not, but I can say they fit her VERY well. I love the separate waist/leg snaps so I can give her a custom fit!
__________________
In with my DH, crunchy, attached Mama to 4. Homeschooling, long term breastfeeding, CD'ing, babywearing, homebirthing. Could I BE anymore addicted to cloth?!
el's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #187
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique's Avatar
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique
Registered Users
Formerly: Abbie
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,544
My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Are they just in snaps or do they come in APLIX too? I will have to go look at the site. (duh!) How about wing droop?
__________________
50% OFF Wahmies Pail Liners - Today ONLY!| Free ship over $25!
HUGE selection of CLOTH DIAPERS | EASY LAYAWAY | Great SALES at MMB
FREE Expedited Shipping on Baby Carriers! 30 Day "Use Your Carrier" Return Program
Girasol | Calin Bleu | Natibaby | BabyHawk | Sakura Bloom | Beco Baby | ERGObaby | Boba
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #188
ebandive's Avatar
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,864
My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

DS will be in Alva all day today! Here we go!

I started out with 2 bamboo inserts, and it was just way too bulky for my taste.





So then I took one out, and this is with just one bamboo insert folded over in front. MUCH trimmer!






DS is 7 months old today- >95th% height, and 75-90% weight.
__________________
Erin- RN- hoping to be a SAHM - Wife to Charlie, Mom to 2 boys: Trip (born 3-3-11) and Kai (born 1-16-13)

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!

Last edited by ebandive; 10-03-2011 at 07:37 AM.
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #189
Servant4Christ's Avatar
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,175
My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive View Post
DS will be in Alva all day today! Here we go!

I started out with 2 bamboo inserts, and it was just way too bulky for my taste.





So then I took one out, and this is with just one bamboo insert folded over in front. MUCH trimmer!






DS is 7 months old today- >95th% height, and 75-90% weight.
I FINALLY get to see a recent pic of your cutey! Looks like I'm not the only mama with such a BIG little guy!
DS is 9months, 97th for height and weight and these Alvas really ROCK! He wears these fully unsnapped for the rise.
I put him in his Mickey print minky, this morning but he pooped before I could get an action shot!
I had a hard time getting the bamboo insert to fit in the pocket without bunching so I layed it in and added a hempbabies doubler to the pocket to pull away the wetness and it worked well for us. And OMG! the bamboo inserts spray off like a DREAM!

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 10-03-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #190
maymommy10's Avatar
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel=

I FINALLY get to see a recent pic of your cutey! Looks like I'm not the only mama with such a BIG little guy!
DS is 9months, 97th for height and weight and these Alvas really ROCK! He wears these fully unsnapped for the rise.
I put him in his Mickey print minky, this morning but he pooped before I could get an action shot!
I had a hard time getting the bamboo insert to fit in the pocket without bunching so I layed it in and added a hempbabies doubler to the pocket to pull away the wetness and it worked well for us. And OMG! the bamboo inserts spray off like a DREAM!
Did you end up ordering more or finding them on FSOT? We love these so much as well...thinking of making up a stash of these and BG AIO (for daycare) but am afraid to sell off everything else.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.