Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #181
MegBee
Registered Users
seller

Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

I keep jumping in to ask questions, sorry. But you all keep answering, so thanks! Just noticing that the title of this thread is about how trim alvas are. Is it because the materials are thin? I kind of hope so. I love trim diapers so I would be using a hemp insert instead of the ones it comes with. Also, does anyone have these and kawaii? Is kawaii a thicker material? I think those are tpu and these are pul? Last question, if your baby can talk, do they think these are comfy? I always worry about my baby being comfy and not getting too hot. He can't tell me if he prefers cloth or disposables os I'm just curious. Sorry, I guess I should just start a new thread but I figure all of you could help.

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #182
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegBee View Post
I keep jumping in to ask questions, sorry. But you all keep answering, so thanks! Just noticing that the title of this thread is about how trim alvas are. Is it because the materials are thin? I kind of hope so. I love trim diapers so I would be using a hemp insert instead of the ones it comes with. Also, does anyone have these and kawaii? Is kawaii a thicker material? I think those are tpu and these are pul? Last question, if your baby can talk, do they think these are comfy? I always worry about my baby being comfy and not getting too hot. He can't tell me if he prefers cloth or disposables os I'm just curious. Sorry, I guess I should just start a new thread but I figure all of you could help.
My baby tries to talk, lol, but she seems very comfy in her Alva's. We haven't seen any red marks or anything. The thighs are a higher cut than our Sunbaby diapers. I have some Kawaii's, they are aplix though. I find the outers to be a bit thinner, yes. I really do like the Alva diapers for their price.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #183
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
my kiddo can't talk or anything like that but she seems really comfy in her alvas..more so then in her elementals. While the materials don't seem thinner then seem more...flexible? I don't really know how to explain it. I can't compare kawaii or anything like that because I don't own any
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #184
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Noelle in her pretty rose Alva

Old 10-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #185
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

that is GORGEOUS! The photo they had really didn't do it justice!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #186
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I ordered my Alvas through the co-op and got them with bamboo inserts instead of MF. The bamboo are more $ and you order them separately. They are VERY trim! Kawaii diapers are definitely bulkier than Alvas IME.

DD doesn't have words to tell me if she is comfortable or not, but I can say they fit her VERY well. I love the separate waist/leg snaps so I can give her a custom fit!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #187
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique
Registered Users
Formerly: Abbie
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Are they just in snaps or do they come in APLIX too? I will have to go look at the site. (duh!) How about wing droop?
Girasol | Calin Bleu | Natibaby | BabyHawk | Sakura Bloom | Beco Baby | ERGObaby | Boba
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #188
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS will be in Alva all day today! Here we go!

I started out with 2 bamboo inserts, and it was just way too bulky for my taste.

So then I took one out, and this is with just one bamboo insert folded over in front. MUCH trimmer!

DS is 7 months old today- >95th% height, and 75-90% weight.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!

Last edited by ebandive; 10-03-2011 at 07:37 AM.
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #189
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive View Post
DS will be in Alva all day today! Here we go!

I started out with 2 bamboo inserts, and it was just way too bulky for my taste.

So then I took one out, and this is with just one bamboo insert folded over in front. MUCH trimmer!

DS is 7 months old today- >95th% height, and 75-90% weight.
I FINALLY get to see a recent pic of your cutey! Looks like I'm not the only mama with such a BIG little guy!
DS is 9months, 97th for height and weight and these Alvas really ROCK! He wears these fully unsnapped for the rise.
I put him in his Mickey print minky, this morning but he pooped before I could get an action shot!
I had a hard time getting the bamboo insert to fit in the pocket without bunching so I layed it in and added a hempbabies doubler to the pocket to pull away the wetness and it worked well for us. And OMG! the bamboo inserts spray off like a DREAM!

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 10-03-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #190
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel=

I FINALLY get to see a recent pic of your cutey! Looks like I'm not the only mama with such a BIG little guy!
DS is 9months, 97th for height and weight and these Alvas really ROCK! He wears these fully unsnapped for the rise.
I put him in his Mickey print minky, this morning but he pooped before I could get an action shot!
I had a hard time getting the bamboo insert to fit in the pocket without bunching so I layed it in and added a hempbabies doubler to the pocket to pull away the wetness and it worked well for us. And OMG! the bamboo inserts spray off like a DREAM!
Did you end up ordering more or finding them on FSOT? We love these so much as well...thinking of making up a stash of these and BG AIO (for daycare) but am afraid to sell off everything else.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote