Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #11
crazygirl31701
Registered Users
seller

Re: Re-selling WWYD?

When you respond to something on craigslist it's anonymous. She didn't realize it was me that she sent it too. She just saw that I was looking and she wanted to make some money.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #12
Hippie Made
Registered Users
Formerly: squishygoodstuff
seller

My Mood:

That really sucks......... but I dont think there is anything you can do, once she made the purchase from you, that are hers and she can do whatever she wants with them. It has happenned to me with clothing I gave someone off of CL's that I thought was in need and she was reselling them on Ebay.
Hippie Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #13
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

That stinks! It's awful that she is doing that. I think you could contact Ebay about the inaccuracies, but obviously can't do anything about the fact that she is making a profit off of your sale. To be honest, I think you have to recognize that Craigslist is full of buyers and sellers and people are looking for deals, not necessarily for their own use. Buying and reselling is a legitimate business. And she can do whatever she wants with what she bought. I tend to be pretty skeptical about Craigslist (still I buy and sell ALL the time). If you want to help someone, the way to do it is through a ministry or women's shelter, not through a craigslist ad because you have no way of knowing. But she is obviously shady because of the inaccuracies.
I'm very curious how she responded to your email, if she responds at all. Keep us posted. Sorry for your experience, I am sure that is super frustrating.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 AM   #14
crazygirl31701
Registered Users
seller

She responded that I shouldn't have sold anything to her for a profit then. Obviously she isn't extremely knowledgable about cloth diapers and their value. I also told her I didn't care what she did with them as long as she didn't lie and disclosed everything properly. The listings are still up and she even relisted some with the same descriptions. Oh well. Just trying to prevent problems for someone else.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #15
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow. Just wow!

Last edited by percussionsmith; 10-05-2011 at 07:16 AM.
percussionsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #16
emilyrebekah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygirl31701
She responded that I shouldn't have sold anything to her for a profit then. Obviously she isn't extremely knowledgable about cloth diapers and their value. I also told her I didn't care what she did with them as long as she didn't lie and disclosed everything properly. The listings are still up and she even relisted some with the same descriptions. Oh well. Just trying to prevent problems for someone else.
She said you sold to her for a PROFIT? Wasn't there wool in there? No, you took a LOSS. A dozen prefolds, USED, can go for over $20.
I agree with a PP. I give things to friends, or to charity.