Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Croch3tingMom3
Registered Users

I might just get it after all

So I emailed a midwife (another one in the area since the first one didn't seem at all interested and wouldn't talk to me) and she is moving but she sent me info for three other midwives. I emailed them all and one has emailed me back right away. She said she would met with us for free and talk with DH. She lives 30 miles away and has a conference four hours away not to long past my due date but said she would leave it and come down if needed. I asked DH if he would meet with her and talk with her to help ease his fears. He was kinda upset and said I told you my thoughts but do what you want. I asked again and he said again do what you want. So I'm going to set up a meeting. I told him we would have to use a chunk of our tax return for it but I don't think I will have insurance anyway so it would be cheaper than a hospital burnt by far. Please send good thoughts and such our way she said she would meet with us tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

I'm a mother of three almost four and wife of a former service member. I love spending time with my kids, my friends, my church, and my God. Though things don't always go as planned and I can't always see the end He always gets me through. ~ Nychole
Croch3tingMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Aloha Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hope things go well!

About-to-be-RN mommy to my Sweet 1 (ds 5/11/06) & Sweet 2 (dd 3/30/12)
Aloha Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I might just get it after all

I hope everything works out for you! If you don't mind my asking, why do you not have health insurance? I am not sure what regs are state to state, but if you do not have insurance offered through yours or your husbands work, you should automatically qualify for state insurance. If your wages are above the "free" insurance, you should get something like Badger Care, which is a low cost (depending on what you do bring in a month). I know it is none of my business, but better safe than sorry! My sister planned a home birth to save money, and had to have an emergency Csection at the hospital, so please do be prepared!
I give you props for a home birth, too! I don't think I could do it! Part fear, part my not wanting to clean up any "messes"

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Croch3tingMom3
Registered Users

The midwife cleans the mess
I have the state presumptive medicaid but can not keep it aftr the 14th because of not having bank records, and then even if I got bank records they would not match up with what they have. I have been getting help from my church and have deposited soe checks so it looks like I have been "making money" that I have not.
I'm a mother of three almost four and wife of a former service member. I love spending time with my kids, my friends, my church, and my God. Though things don't always go as planned and I can't always see the end He always gets me through. ~ Nychole
Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croch3tingMom3 View Post
The midwife cleans the mess
I have the state presumptive medicaid but can not keep it aftr the 14th because of not having bank records, and then even if I got bank records they would not match up with what they have. I have been getting help from my church and have deposited soe checks so it looks like I have been "making money" that I have not.
Wait... you have to be MAKING MONEY to get help??? I get state insurance here in WI since we cannot afford DH's work supplied ins, and they provide to anyone in my situation or even those who don't have a job. Where are you from?

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
Croch3tingMom3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashayla&acensmom

Wait... you have to be MAKING MONEY to get help??? I get state insurance here in WI since we cannot afford DH's work supplied ins, and they provide to anyone in my situation or even those who don't have a job. Where are you from?
Im from TN. I don't have to be making money but from looking at my bank statement they would think i am making money. My church has been giving up 180$ a month to help us. And since it's in there but no log of income for it they won't give it to me. (does that make sense?)

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 10-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Honestly, even if you are getting $180/mo from your church that's still not enough income to get private ins. I would think your state would still give you the state ins. Can you get a letter from your church stating how much they give you per month?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote