Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Croch3tingMom3
Registered Users

I need advice

our utilities are going to get cut off and I dont know what to do. DH's check was short over 600$ and we don't know when it will get fixed, so we can't pay it. I looked on their site and they have no programs that would help us. What can we do? I can't find anything online about local help. Does anyone have any any advice? I need 250$ ASAP

Advertisement

I'm a mother of three almost four and wife of a former service member. I love spending time with my kids, my friends, my church, and my God. Though things don't always go as planned and I can't always see the end He always gets me through. ~ Nychole
Croch3tingMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
I know there are local places here that offer some assistance. Try this site and see if you can find anything for your state
http://www.utilitybillassistance.com/html/utility_bill_

If all else fails, I'd call the utility companies and explain the situation and see if they can help or extend the deadline.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need advice

Can you go to DFS and see if they know of any programs? there's gotta be something that can help you out. And also, try calling your utility company. They might be able to give you an extension, especially if you've been in good standing with them up to this point. We've been in this situation numerous times and they've always been very helpful.

sorry mama
Old 10-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Call 211, it's United way. They could help. I am in the same boat, I am not really sure what we're goinng to do Our state/county has a program called LEAP. Have you checked into your county social services office? They may be able to help, especially if you have a cut off notice. Goodluck!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are some great suggestions here.. also check out local charities (like Salvation Army or any other small town ones) and churches. I know that my church has a program for those who are in emergency need. I have been there SOOO many times before, and now donate $10 a week to the emergency fund at church (when I am not low on cash... it is tough with 1 full timer working in the house). Praying for you!!!

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
nmrgrl55
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would call the utility company and try to set up a payment plan. I have had to do it in the past and it was pretty easy to do. They will usually ask for a deposit of some sort (they will usually give you a figure but tell them what you can do and they can work with you) and then they will add the balance to your other bills over a time period. So if your bill is usually $200 then maybe say you can afford an extra $25/mo then that is added to your bill until the balance is paid off. Good Luck
nmrgrl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I live in TN, too. I thought you could automatically get health insurance as long as you haven't had any for 6 months?? Even if you don't get TNCare, Medicaid, Medicare, etc., you should qualify for a plan under CoverTN!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 AM   #8
Croch3tingMom3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut
I live in TN, too. I thought you could automatically get health insurance as long as you haven't had any for 6 months?? Even if you don't get TNCare, Medicaid, Medicare, etc., you should qualify for a plan under CoverTN!
I thinking this is off the other post . Not with my case worker and I'm not up for fighting her this time. I had to fight for months to get them to cover LDSs birth at the hospital. It's not worth it to me ESP when I want a home birth anyway.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
I'm a mother of three almost four and wife of a former service member. I love spending time with my kids, my friends, my church, and my God. Though things don't always go as planned and I can't always see the end He always gets me through. ~ Nychole
Croch3tingMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote