Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
zmo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Went with Triumph. Pic added :)

I've searched the forum a few times now and I'm just getting a little overwhelmed with info.
I want to RF up to 40#, so far my DD has been 95% for height and weight. At her 6 month check up a month ago she was 28 1/4'' (DH and I are both on the taller side) and 21#s. I have a tiny backseat (Suzuki SX4) so I need something that is narrow and tall. Money is an issue, I want something >$150. So far I've gathered that a RA55 or Triumph might work. I don't move my carseat often so that is not an issue Please help with suggestions!

Advertisement

Last edited by zmo; 10-07-2011 at 10:29 PM.
zmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Another convertable question

If you don't want to rethread the straps you would probably want a Marathon70 not a RA55 (they are the same shell size)

they are both good seats, so it's really up to personal preference. Are there any stores in your area that you could try both out to see what you like?

there is also the Pria 70 which just came out and I think it's about the same size as the Marathon.
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
zmo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

for bump- I just went and checked out a Triumph...and I don't think that is for us. I bought a Tribute for DH's Jeep (since she will barely be riding in it) and she look huge in it! I don't think there was much growth. Just curious is the RA55 would be a similar size to the evenflos. Maybe a True Fit would be better for us since she is already so long.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
an_aurora
Registered Users

The Triumph is just a bit taller than the Roundabout. The True Fit has the 35lb weight limit. The tallest shell out there is the Complete Air, and it has the 40lb weight limit.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
The tallest shell out there is the Complete Air, and it has the 40lb weight limit.
and a 40" overall height limit for rear facing that Dorel is adamant be followed. I'm really frustrated with Dorel over the Complete Air because it has such great features and such restrictive rules. At least they're releasing new ones with dual level lines.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm unabashedly a Triumph fan, so take that into consideration...

DD has always been 95th%+ for height & weight & I'm pretty confident that we'll get to 3yrs RFing. Keep in mind that the growth slows & your DD will thin down. DD was a chunker at that age & I had fears when we initially put her in the convertible (around 12 mos) that we wouldn't be able to use the seat as long as I had anticipated. Now it fits her perfectly; she's very comfortable & we'll be using it for quite some time; it is wider than it looks, w/o being overwhelming. She had been long through the torso, but her legs are longer now. Honestly, I haven't had to change where the strap height is set in a few months. And we have it installed in a compact car (Subaru Impreza). Sure, I like it better in our bigger car (who wouldn't?), but it fits just fine, is easy to use, & *I* don't find it to be one of those "fake out" car seats where you think you'll have a kid in it for a long time, only to realize it'll only get you another 6 mos RFing.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
zmo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: EDIT- Triumph help

never mind. we figured it out, here is how much happier baby looks in her new car seat. Thanks soooooo much for all the input ladies (I did sneak a lot of it from other threads)

Last edited by zmo; 10-07-2011 at 10:28 PM.
zmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: Went with Triumph

If you have flat seats, the triumph is great. I love ours but for molded/not flat seats, the Pria is great - we have a triumph and just got the Pria for my dad's car - easy to use and install. I'd easily buy another Pria of all the seats right now. We got it for $200 at Buy Buy Baby after 20% off coupon. We did try it in the car first as my Triumph did not work well in his car the few times we used it.