Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by macsmommy10
We have an M thing going on in our house that started with the cat lol. We told everyone our daughter's name but this time around I don't think I will because I'm going with a more "non-normal" name. Here's my list so far:

Our daughters name is madilyn. I love the spelling of it!

No names really here. We have one girl name and it's Laney. But DH doesn't really like it

Sara Disney Junkie Married to Bryan & Mommy to Madilyn 8/09 & Jack 4/12
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
Registered Users
DH doesn't think of names. He yays or nays what ones I pick out, but I dot remember him ever thinking of any on his own, lol.

Girls.. I want Islena/Eislena (Eye-lean-uh) but not sure about a second name. I love Matilda as well. I LOVE color names (Scarlet, Cerise) but our last name is Green, so colors are a no go.

Boys.. Bennett and Emmett are my faves.
Wife to Jeremy (2/06)
Mama to Nella (10/07), Ezra (9/09), and Eisley Marie born April 13, 2012 in the water
OnAnnaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Who has started thinking names?

Looks like we aren't the only ones. Our girl names we have are ones we had on a list when we had DD. For some reason we are drawn to M girl names. As far as boy goes, it's just so hard! There is always that cousin or that guy you didn't really care for that you think of...Karie, great start! We currently have a Mackenzie Claire and a Mason Charles...I do like the middle name Corrine for a girl, don't know why I haven't noticed it before.
Amy~Married to my HS sweetheart , SAHMomma to DD (12/5/08) &
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I expect we're having a girl, who'll be named Scarlett (or Scarlette, or Scarlet, not sure on spelling yet). We've done "L" names for middlenames for our two so far, so probably another L name for this one; we'd discussed Lorelai for her middle name, but I'm not sure.

In the unlikely event that we have a boy, I have no idea what the kid's name will be. Maybe Cyril? Magnus? Done some looking, but haven't found anything great yet.
Mama to Saffron (10/29/07), Corwin (12/16/09) and Osric (5/7/12)

My blog, The Weekly What-What?! updates on Sundays and Thursdays.

EZ Squeezees Reusable Baby Food Pouch Product Review and Recipe
-- Children's Farm Books -- Children's Steampunk Picture Books
jackkant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #15
Registered Users
We don't find out gender til birth so with both my kids we had pretty solid boy names & girl names (just one set of each) before I went into labor. But we have typically thrown out the previous pregnancies names. Don't really know why.

We learned after our first pregnancy *not* to share names until baby is born. We like very old names or last names for first names or unusual names (I purposely look at the top 100 & do not choose from it!) & family/friends had *no* problem sharing their dislike of our choices. Soooo now it's top secret. Which is actually kind of fun for me & hubby.

For this baby, we had settled on names when I was pregnant in June (lost that baby @ 5 weeks), really fun ones, IMO. We decided to still use them for this baby & I don't anticipate us changing them over the next 6 months (only 6 months left!!!!), but you never know.

Our family "theme" is...

-No duplicate first letter names (hubby & his 3 brothers are all J's)
-A family name for either middle or first name (I wasn't named after anyone & it always bugged me)
-No popular first names (as in, we have *never* heard of anyone, or anyone who knows anyone, IRL with that name)
-Each name has a bible verse(s) associated with it (DS is Psalm 147:7 & DD is Psalm 128:1-3).

Can't wait to share our names once this newbie is born!!

Last edited by TPLmommy; 10-07-2011 at 02:03 PM.
TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #16
Registered Users

We have started, pretty set on a girl name - unless of course I tell people, then I may start hating it. I have never liked refering to baby by name until I see them - dd didn't have a solid name until after she was born.

For a boy it is a little harder, I like two - one has Ronald for a middle name which I feel is important - dp's dads name was Ron, he passed away when dp was 15 - it would be his first grandson & dp was always his dads cling on. The other doesn't but I love it, maybe I will get twin boys so I can use both names? haha probably not.
Mama to Brooklyn Marie 7/10/08 , Team green turned PINK Rebecca Rose 4/19/2012 & something new coming late March 2014
moonlightblonde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:
Baby daddy and I are pretty set in a girl name...Ellery Elisabeth...but we won't share since it's pretty uncommon and I don't care to hear all the negative comments. Our "backup" girl names are Scarlett Elisabeth and Violet Josephine.

No boy names. I struggle with boy names big time. I actually have no urge to look for a boy name bc I feel this baby is a girl. I'll probably be wrong though!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
Trace, married to Shaun 2.21.04
Kyleigh 11.8.04 ~ Tegan 12.29.06 ~ Emmerson Kate 2.21.13
Forever missing Colton 11.5.11 (15w)
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #18
Registered Users
My Mood:

Dh hubby and I have talked about it and have decided that he will pick the name if its a boy and if its a girl I get my little Hadassah Elaine (haddylaine for her nickname) Im trying to convine Dh to go for Rueben if its a boy. We always do biblical first names and family middle names. I cant look at a baby name book theres too many cute names to choose from
Renea Married to my highschool sweetie '05 Momma to 5 boys Luke&Zach ^l^ 7/4/06 Jake6/6/08 , Toby5/18/10 and Matt4/17/12
mom2luke&jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

My DH has actually named all the kids. He always comes up with good names IMO
Wife to R and momma to two boys and two girls!
Need Childcare options, want a live-in au pair? Check out Cultural Care Au Pair! PM me for more details
chayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:19 AM   #20
Registered Users

DH won't talk names until we know the gender. I'm beginning to think that if I don't find a care provider soon though, we will have to wait much later to know the gender than the 20 week scan.

I like Garrett Elijah. He hates Garrett, but loves Elijah. But I hate Elijah as a first name (I strictly believe our children should have two syllable first names!). If its a girl.... she'll be unnamed forever. Actually, if its a girl I think DH would care a lot less about the name than if its a boy, so I'd have more say if its a girl, BUT... when it comes to girls, I just don't think I could name one. I rarely hear a girls name I'd consider naming my baby.
Mommy to M (9/09) & G (4/12) & expecting Feb 2014

Last edited by crunch!910; 10-08-2011 at 05:21 AM.
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote