Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Registered Users
Met with the midwife

She is very nice but says she doesn't know that its going to be a good fit. Mainly cause she has to drive an hour to see me and she couldn't do it all the time and she is not sure that i would be able to either. She is going to call one of the midwives here in the city to see if she will meet with me and such.

On a side note we were talking and I knew that the midwives didn't deliver at the hospitals but I didn't know they were not allowed to. Here is Memphis its "not allowed". She said she is sure they could if they really push for it but then they would have to keep the women on the bed, attached to a monitor, with an IV, and so on. That its all political here. I thought it was crazy.

Anyway just wanted to share how it went. Hopefully the lady she speaks with will see me. I REALLY want a homebirth.

I'm a mother of three almost four and wife of a former service member. I love spending time with my kids, my friends, my church, and my God. Though things don't always go as planned and I can't always see the end He always gets me through. ~ Nychole
Croch3tingMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:22 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Met with the midwife

Wow that really sucks! Hopefully you can find someone. I am delivering in a hospital while using a midwife. And I have the say in what happens during my delivery, no IV, no pushing an epidural, no interventions... I would love a homebirth but I live in a super small town and have to travel 2 hours just to see my midwife so it really isn't an option
Jessica -- DD (9-11-08) DS (4-22-10) DD2 (3-38-12)
jessicalev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Registered Users

I'm still in lala land about a care provider too. I don't even get to INTERVIEW someone until the 21st, and I"ll be 16 weeks with having had no prenatal care! All because a doctor who doesn't deserve his license coerced and forced me into a csection. Ugh. I have no choice at all to drive over an hour to get my VBAC. We were budgeting... and though I was contacting doulas, ... I know we can't afford it. so I'll have to go without.

Goodluck mama, keep us posted! Hope you find someone soon!
Mommy to M (9/09) & G (4/12) & expecting Feb 2014
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I just cant believe it's not allowed in certain places to have doulas/midwives in the hospital. It is so wrong!!!! At the first hospy I delivered at there were doulas on staff and the hospy i delivered #3 and will deliver #4 the midwives have their own practice there and deliver there.

I am so thankful! Hopefully the other mw gets back with you soon!!
Wife to R and momma to two boys and two girls!
Need Childcare options, want a live-in au pair? Check out Cultural Care Au Pair! PM me for more details
chayla is offline   Reply With Quote