Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
My Mood:

If you have experienced this...when did you figure out you did have it and what did you do to fix it?

I am a miserable wreck. My family is suffering, I am suffering.

Mommy to two little girls. I'm ALWAYS doing laundry!
Please visit my etsy store! <--Click

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Registered Users
I'm sorry mama. Do you have a midwife/ob/gp you can see and talk to about it? I hate ppd a little, not bad enough to need meds, and usually just getting out for a walk or something when I started to feel bad helped alot. Or a hot bath, something to relax and just re-group. Remind myself I was only thinking that way because of hormones (I had alot of thoughts about situations that were harmful to my daughter. I also had bad nightmares where I was hurting her). Your not alone, and there are people who can help. If you and your family are suffering then it's probably time.
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
Registered Users
I agree, although I would resist initially too, it's time for professional help. It can escalate to a psychosis where you may actually hurt yourself or your baby. Everyone will be happier if you get help, and I'd start with a midwife/ob/gp. It's not your fault, and it WILL get better. Good luck mama!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
Registered Users
I've had it since my daughter was a month - she's 5 months now. I began seeking treatment a month ago, doing CBT. I knew pretty quickly What was going on and I started eating better and taking omega 3s. I would definitely find someone understanding to talk to. If You have intrusive thoughts (ITs) as mentioned by The pp, just think if them as mental hiccups.

Its hard to admit to yoyrslef, but my guess is you know the answer to your question. If You need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me!

Sent from my phone using DS Forum
Sara wifey to Chad and momma to Lily (4/11)

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!

Last edited by Sarawithouth; 10-09-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
My Mood:
Re: PPD....?

I got it at 9 months PP. I had twins, and I think I just hit a brick wall. I sought help thru other mom friends and shared my feelings on a mommy board. I resented my twins for taking away all the fun I had with my first child. I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. I was a walking zombie, but yet had insomnia. Even though both babies were sleeping 10-12 hours straight, I was getting maybe 4 hours of sleep. I was soooo tired. I basically just did what the kids needed, and nothing more. I just didn't care much about anything. I never felt an urge to hurt myself or my children. I was educated to know I was suffering from PPD. I just didn't have the time to seek prof. help! (I'm a SAHM.) I was torture...complete torture. It lasted for about 6 weeks, and then things got better as I got more sleep.

Here's a website that offers call in chats w/ support groups:

I also found it helpful to just type on my mommy board ALL my feelings. So, spill the beans! What exactly are you feeling? How is your husband handling it? Mine frankly didn't know what to do with his wife who was crying most of the day. He'd come home to me crying hysterically feeding the babies, w/ my older child watching a movie in the living room. was awful. Just plain awful. I explained my feelings to one friend as despair. Complete despair.

Please feel free to share more what's going on with you. It will help you, I promise!
proudmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote