Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
MissScarlettsMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how to gently...

Explain bfing to a ttc friend who thinks "she could never do that."

Also, I was informed my bm would loose its nutritional value promptly as DD turned 1. I know better, but how do you politely smack people around with correct information who are discouraging extended bfing everytime they talk?

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: how to gently...

Ask her why she feels that way. Women have been doing it as long as there have been babies. Is it exposing herself that makes her uncomfortable? Does she think of breasts in a more sexual and feel it's somehow 'unnatural'? I don't think you can adequately address her concerns without finding out where they are coming from. I wasn't so sure about it when we started, but kept at it because formula was so darn expensive, and now I wouldn't trade that relationship with my baby for anything (except maybe a full nights sleep on those ROUGH nights KWIM ).

As for the other, WTH? Where did that info even come from? No help there. I would ask where they got that information. 10 to 1 it was word of mouth and they have no actual scientific backing for it.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote