Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #11
Kriket's Avatar
Kriket
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,148
My Mood:
Re: RF in a Ford focus

ok, so no noodles to get the little line for RF to be parallel. but the foot has to be in RF "mode" (which I was looking at it last night and I think it has to be tucked into the seat or, not in use)

Advertisement

__________________
I make milkshakes in my yard.
Kriket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #12
solarbabies's Avatar
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: beautiful New Mexico
Posts: 6,845
My Mood:
Re: RF in a Ford focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket View Post
ok, so no noodles to get the little line for RF to be parallel. but the foot has to be in RF "mode" (which I was looking at it last night and I think it has to be tucked into the seat or, not in use)
The line for rfing has to be level for a newbie...that would be about a 45 degree recline. It doesn't have to be level for a baby with good head control. And I don't have that seat, but I am almost positive that it is the other way around, foot has to be flipped out to use rfing and tucked in the seat for ffing.
__________________
[CENTER]~Shannon~Mama to Addisyn 6.6.10 and Ryan 1.22.12
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #13
an_aurora's Avatar
an_aurora
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,425
No the foot is flipped up (out of the way) RF and flipped down for FF.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #14
solarbabies's Avatar
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: beautiful New Mexico
Posts: 6,845
My Mood:
Re: RF in a Ford focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
No the foot is flipped up (out of the way) RF and flipped down for FF.
__________________
[CENTER]~Shannon~Mama to Addisyn 6.6.10 and Ryan 1.22.12
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #15
Kriket's Avatar
Kriket
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,148
My Mood:
Re: RF in a Ford focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
The line for rfing has to be level for a newbie...that would be about a 45 degree recline. It doesn't have to be level for a baby with good head control. And I don't have that seat, but I am almost positive that it is the other way around, foot has to be flipped out to use rfing and tucked in the seat for ffing.
yeah the foot is on the "butt" part, I was thinking it was on the leg part, making the legs come up higher in RF, but it makes the butt go lower in RF.
__________________
I make milkshakes in my yard.
Kriket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #16
jess71903's Avatar
jess71903
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 6,595
My Mood:
Re: RF in a Ford focus

Don't know if you've thought about this, but if the Recaro will fit rear-facing, it will probably make the most sense to pass that to the baby and get big brother a combo seat (forward facing only that converts to a booster later). You could either do that, or get a seat with a 40lb rear-facing weight limit and rear-face both of them!
__________________

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.