Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #31
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010

You might be on to something there... MY BFF just had her first about 6 weeks ago, she stayed SUPER active throughout her pregnancy and was probably in the best shape of her life. She ended up being induced at 42 weeks (and her dates definitely weren't off, they conceived with IUI). Poor woman wasn't dilated or effaced AT ALL either, and it was a long miserable induction for her...

All that to say... Thank goodness I stuck with the ice cream and Oreos diet plan this pregnancy.
Ddc but this caught my eye because that is exactly what happened with my cousin's wife! She was a track coach, ran all through her pregnancy and worked out all the time, was extremely nitpicky about her diet and she ended up being induced at a little over 41 weeks and had a long miserable induction that ended up in a c section.

Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum

Hilary, head over heels wifey of a Coastie
Mama of Aubrey & Delaney
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #32
Registered Users
Originally Posted by karabeth05
apparently all we need to do is go run a marathon! duh, why didn't i think of that?!?!
Nuts! Absolutely nuts!!!
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: anyone doing anything to encourage labor?

Originally Posted by September View Post
She's my hero! My friend sat next to that woman during the IL bar exam. (Meanwhile, I didn't even take the bar exam because I didn't want the stress of studying while pregnant---I'm a wuss!)
At-home mom of DAK (Oct 2011) and #2 (Oct 2014)
minneapolisite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: anyone doing anything to encourage labor?

That Marathon lady is crazy. I huff and puff walking up and down my long driveway to get the mail.

I think y'all are right. With every baby I have been late. I tried sex, walking, spicy foods, stripping of membranes, being "stretched", acupressure.
Nothing worked until I was either induced, or ready to go into labor. Maybe for some people, but not me.
Kim ~ Wife to Michael and SAHM to Hannah (14), Aidan (13), Brighton (9), Oliver (6) and Ephraim (3) 8/10/101/12/11
kimmiepie is offline   Reply With Quote