Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
loveramongstars
Registered Users

2004 Mustang

I have a 2004 Mustang and I was wondering what would you suggest to be a good "newborn" carseat?

Advertisement

loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I had an 02 (bought right before I got pregnant, traded before she was born!) and from remembering about the size of the back seat, I would look for a seat that does NOT require the handle to be down (avoid Evenflo because of this) and a narrow seat so that it might fit in the middle.

Do you often have a front seat passenger?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: 2004 Mustang

We had the Keyfit 22. We have a 1998 Mustang and honestly, anything is a hassle. We then switched to the Corroco but when my son turned 18 or 19 months we had to FF it as it was just too hard on my husband's back. We keep a seat in there always (or the base with the Keyfit) but we almost never put our son in that car when we can avoid it. We may get a new mustang at some point and we'll bump up to a booster (when he's a bit bigger). We put our Evenflo Triumph in it once RF and it fit but it was a hassle. So, seats can fit, but RF is harder.

For an Infant, pick smaller - look for a 22 pound seat vs. 35.

You will have to move the seat very forward.. we did with the corroco rf. I forget about the Keyfit. With the Corroco, except me and it was uncomfortable, no one could really sit there, which was fine with us.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing1 & Thing2 View Post
I had an 02 (bought right before I got pregnant, traded before she was born!) and from remembering about the size of the back seat, I would look for a seat that does NOT require the handle to be down (avoid Evenflo because of this) and a narrow seat so that it might fit in the middle.

Do you often have a front seat passenger?
At least with the older ones/ours, there is no seatbelt in the middle seat.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
At least with the older ones/ours, there is no seatbelt in the middle seat.
I just Google imaged, and you are right! Proves I was a good married lady and spent no time in my back seat though!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing1 & Thing2 View Post
I just Google imaged, and you are right! Proves I was a good married lady and spent no time in my back seat though!
But, you have to know these things to spy on your kids. I only know as my husband has 3 kids when I was dating him and that came up so we had to take separate cars as I refused to let him drive with one of the kids not in a seat belt.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had an '06 and tried SO. HARD. to make it work with DS, but I just couldn't get an infant seat to fit in there well. The only way it would fit was without the base and of course not in the middle because they were bucket seats. It was the biggest PITA to try to get him in and out and there was no way a stroller would fit unless I put it up front, but the seat was already pushed as far forward as it could go. Oy, it was a nightmare. I had to sell it. It was hard to do, but worth it

I'm interested to see if anyone has had any success with this. I think only a FF seat will fit. IME.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
loveramongstars
Registered Users

Thanks y'all! I thought other people have had this problem. I see other people with them and think - "wth?" Because my family grew up with them and it was horrible getting us kids in there. I'll see what will work now!

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
pcjs
Registered Users

The key fit 22, corroco and evenflo triumph all fit. The triumph was huge but I got it in there (kinda a shopping emergency and husband had son but son could not fit in my loaded car). The corroco fits fine RF but it was hard getting in/out. We have the corroco in there now ff and its fine (but almost never used). My husband got the key fit in a bunch of times no problem with the base. Not easy but doable.