Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #21
crunchyjunky
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Not Sure What to Do...

over supply... dont give up.... nurse on that one side for 2-3 nursing sessions in a row..... do not pump..... by doing this you will naturally decrease your supply and make is more "managable" for her... my dd did the same thing at the same age.... they get so effecient at getting that milk that it starts to become overwhelming... hugs mama.... dont give up...... she needs her mamas milk....

Advertisement

crunchyjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #22
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika375
How old is your LO? my DD did the exact same thing for a couple weeks when she was still really young-- from about 3weeks-5/6 weeks. It didn't happen every feeding, but usually in the evenings.

I figured out there were different reasons she was doing it. Sometimes the milk flow was too fast for her, like the LC told you. I
would usually try to manually express some milk to try and slow it down a bit. Other times, I realized she just wanted to suck and didn't necessarily want milk. We didn't do pacifiers at that time, so I would give her my pinky.

Also, maybe try walking around while nursing. Or nursing in a sling. That always seemed to help DD. Or maybe swaddle her before you nurse.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
This. All of this.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote