Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Still nursing? Ideas for keeping supply up please

Oatmeal cookies work for me, and ice cream.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Oatmeal cookies! YUM. DD hardly nursed before bed but instead began to bite ALOT and she didn't seem sad when I took her off. She went to bed just fine too. I don't know what to do..
Old 10-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #13
reneeumiami
Registered Users

I'm still nursing DD (18 months) 1-3 times a day. She's been nursing more the last few days, but I don't know if that's because of her cold or a dwindling supply. I'd like to nurse through the pregnancy to 24 months, but she's just not the nursing champ my son was. I'm just thrilled we've made it to 18 months!
DS self-weened at 23.5 months when I was 2 months pregnant.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #14
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovermuffin View Post
Oatmeal cookies! YUM. DD hardly nursed before bed but instead began to bite ALOT and she didn't seem sad when I took her off. She went to bed just fine too. I don't know what to do..
I would just follow her lead, if she isn't sad about it then maybe she's ready? We had one nursing session last night and its the first in 4 days and it was super quick, a little on each side and she was content and off to bed so I think she's pretty much done.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #15
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not pushing the nursing. I mean, I don't want Levi to wean, but I don't think he will completely. At the same time, I'm not really interested in tandem nursing, so I will wean him before Bug comes anyways.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #16
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I'm not pushing the nursing. I mean, I don't want Levi to wean, but I don't think he will completely. At the same time, I'm not really interested in tandem nursing, so I will wean him before Bug comes anyways.

Still nursing here, by babe is so young still (8.5 months) so I really would like to nure til he is 1, but my supply is already suffering

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #17
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

Landon is 18m and lately wants to nurse all the time. His bottom molars are coming in and I think maybe some eye teeth are trying to pop through. And he has a stomach virus right now. So yeah, lots of nursing. I don't k ow how much milk I have left. There have been a few nights I haven't nursed him at bedtime and I am fuller in the morning, but not rock hard like before getting pregnant. I don't even need nursing pads anymore. I am trying to drink more water to keep it going but at 18.5 mo, I am really not super concerned I guess. He doesn't usually seem to mind the lack of milk.
Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #18
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I really want to tandem. Every other pregnancy I get that "climb the walls" feeling and I lose my milk (around 3-4 mo?) and so I end up weaning a toddler . I am telling myself I can handle the soreness as long as I still have milk! He (16 mo) still nurses every 2-3 hrs around the clock, so it's impt to us.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

It stings right when he first latches on, but luckily it's not too bad yet. He is still very attached to nursing so I don't see him weaning anytime soon... I have manage to get nights down to bedtime and about 5:30 or 6 am. I would really like that feeding to move back though since he no longer likes to go back to sleep after.
Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #20
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS was 9 mos old when I became pregnant with #3. I nursed him all the way thru my pregnancy. I tried everything to keep my supply up, but my milk changed. It was practically nothing, I was surprised he still wanted to nurse. By the time he was a year old, my milk was practically gone and I had to supplement with raw milk.

After DD was born, and my milk came back, DS was happy as a clam!! DS and DD#2 tandem nursed and bonded that way. DS would stroke her face and hold her hand.... omg.. so sweet!

So, not sure if you can really do much to keep your milk supply up. I did oatmeal, fenugreek, nursing moms tea, etc. Nothing helped me, and I usually have a TON of milk (when not preggo).

I am nursing #3 still, she is over 2.5 yrs old. She might wean herself... but you never know. If I tandem nurse her and the NB, that might be best so they can bond that way.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote