Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
My boss is constantly asking me to work more hours

Even though I've told her I can't, she always asks then gets mad at me when I say no. I don't know what to do! She's pregnant and due anyday and I'm the only one who does my job so it's not like she can ask anyone else. I feel bad and guilty but at the same time I have to think about my family and myself. I want to quit but again, she's pregnant.

Ugh.

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
smom050811
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My boss is constantly asking me to work more hours

Maybe you can compromise? For instance, stay a little later a couple days a week, or come in a little earlier? Would that make you more productive? Would you be willing to sacrifice that time? Other than that, there's not much she can do. Here, in Alabama, a boss can up and fire you for anything. Which sucks. Bad. Hopefully it's not like that there!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. - Plato
smom050811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smom050811
Maybe you can compromise? For instance, stay a little later a couple days a week, or come in a little earlier? Would that make you more productive? Would you be willing to sacrifice that time? Other than that, there's not much she can do. Here, in Alabama, a boss can up and fire you for anything. Which sucks. Bad. Hopefully it's not like that there!
Truthfully, I'd be happy if she fired me. I'm honestly not willing to compromise. Maybe that makes me a bit of a jerk, I don't know. I already work until 2am. Also the nature of the job doesn't always make that possible. After a 6 hour shift there's generally nothing left for me to do.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
lothcat
Registered Users
seller

Re: My boss is constantly asking me to work more hours

Maybe having kids will help her perspective change. At the very least, you'll have a break from her while she's on maternity leave (unless she's a crazy workaholic or something).
lothcat is offline   Reply With Quote