Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
SUA

It appears Evangeline had Single Umbilical Artery (SUA). The US tech didn't pick it up because of the position of her at our one and only US at 18 weeks. The MW's didn't mention it after the birth but did call this morning to check on things and mentioned it. I had her Umbilical cord dried along with the placenta encapsulation, as a keep sake. Didn't pull it out of the satin sack to look at till this morning... sure enough, only 2 vessels.

They didn't mention it after the birth because she was perfect and BIG! No need to worry a new mama. I have a GF who's was picked up at her 20 week US with her last baby. It was so stressful on her and the pregnancy with all the extra tests, US's, Non stress tests, Growth scans.. and more... I'm so glad it wasn't picked up with us considering everything else I had going on at the time. Between having my DD going through the diagnosis and sleep studies for Narcolepsy, Having my 12 year old moving in with his aunt to keep peace in the house. Having my 7 year old diagnosed with Asperger's and later finding out my 12 year old also has it among other things with DH and his work.. I fear that would have been to much to cope with.

I'm just so thankful for a Happy healthy, perfect baby girl. One of my easiest children, so far. Sleeps at night. Nurses great (still working on her latch, but things are going better). Yes, she is a baby that fusses when put down. She loves to be held and talked to, which I'm more then happy to do. Still swallows huge gulps of air so we spend a lot of time burping her. What a blessing she is.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Incubus527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SUA

Glad it didn't present any problems. You have enough on your plate!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

definitely would have been scary if they had caught it early! glad she doesn't seem to be showing any effects.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Livngabesmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our 2 year old had this and it caused no issues. Glad you didnt have to worry.