Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Suddenly Afraid

I am suddenly fearing birth.

My first 3 were in the hospital, induced, epidural, episiotomy, vacuum, forceps etc. and were just AWFUL!! I was that lady screaming (even with the epi) that the dr always had to tell to be quiet.

With my 4th, I had an induction but with NO medication. Therefore I had NO interventions. That labor was awesome!!!!!! Even with the pit induced contrax I handled it amazingly and it wasn't bad at all. The pushing was hard (on my back) but that was the short part.

So because of the last birth I expected my 5th to be even better. It was a homebirth and I thought that if I could handle pit induced contrax just fine that regular labor would be a breeze. Well, he was posterior and it was the WORST thing I've ever felt in my entire life. I was in "transition" for hours. I wanted a c-section it hurt so bad!! Thankfully my midwife knocked some sense into me.

Now this baby, number 6, is not posterior. My midwife says that he's in the perfect position for birth. However, I've had a lot of "warm up" labor lately, and some of them are quite painful. I'm also having a lot of cramping in my front and lower back. When those happen I start to remember the horrible pain from my last birth and I am suddenly scared.

Tell me that with him being in a great position that it will not be so bad. That if I can deal with pit contrax just fine when baby is in correct position that this will be easier. I know that you can't tell me that for sure, but I have a feeling baby is coming within the next day or two and I'm just scared. I don't want to be scared. I want to have the same feelings I did up until now, that my body knows how to birth and it will be okay.

I have enough worry about hemorrhaging (pit and dr. induced by pulling out placenta hemorrhage with #4 and partial placenta separation with #5) that I didn't want anything else to be fearful about.

I guess I just need some hugs, or something. I don't know.

Advertisement

Last edited by kimmiepie; 10-15-2011 at 09:10 PM.
kimmiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Suddenly Afraid

I can totally understand your fear. I went through the same fears with my 4th that your going through now. When the back labor started to hit I voiced the fears to my Midwife about just going to the hospital NOW for an epidural.. and I'm terrified of epidurals. Since then, all of my labors have been back labor... the last one being the most intense pain of them all.

I've never had pitocin induced labors so I can't compare them. I've heard they are harder and more intense. Any Mama that can do a Pit induction without an Epidural can definitely have a natural homebirth.

All I can say is Trust your body. It was built to do this. Is it easy? NO!! H*E*Double hockey sticks* NO!! Fear is your enemy. It causes your muscles to tighten up and make the pain worse. Try your best to relax and Trust.

If LO is posterior have your MW or hubby press on your hips (Almost like squeezing the hip bones together from the back... (I know I'm not really describing it right) Hot water is also a life saver. Your back is the worst place to be.. Or even sitting. Let your belly hang and try to get the pressure off your back. Towards the end is the hardest.(As you know).

You can do this Sweetheart! Don't let fear take over. Take some time the next couple of days and meditate. Sit in a quiet place. Try to connect with your body and your baby. Breath and become centered in the experience your about to go through. Trust yourself.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #3
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*hugs*
Old 10-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
litllegreekmama
Registered Users
seller

I'm afraid too! I had pit and cervadil with DS, and they gave me the highest amount of pit allowed! It was unbelievably painful but i made it through! But yes I'm still very scared of labor...i think if we're all honest with ourselves it doesn't matter how many babies you have it's a little scary! You're going to do awesome I'm sure You're already a pro!!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 10-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hugs. The prelabor prob will make actual labour faster.

Talk to your mw about your fears.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
Incubus527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 10-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You CAN do it! Plus you get a beautiful baby at the end of the relatively short period known as "labor"!
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #9
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone.

I KNOW I can do it, I just don't WANT to. lol This whole pregnancy I've had a peace about it being a wonderful labor, and how well my body will work etc. and then the remembrance of the pain creeped in and I haven't been able to shake it.

I've read "Childbirth Without Fear" and "Supernatural Childbirth" and I guess I just need read through them again to get my mind focused on something other than pain.

Andrea- Thank goodness this one is not posterior, so I know I should be relieved. I don't know why I'm so scared all of a sudden. I think it's the lack of control. When things start getting hard there's nothing to stop it and it just keeps going and getting harder. I don't like that.

I'm going to pray a lot, and talk to my body and just try and BELIEVE that what I'm praying for and telling my body will happen. Faith, faith, faith.