Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #11
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Monday 10.17 Chat

As far as playing Brynn seriously plays very little. She sleeps ALL the time. Like today I had to wake her up at 8:30 to take dd2 to school. She was back down at 10:00, slept until 12:15 when I have to pick dd2 up again. She went back down at 1:00 and slept until 4:00. I took her outside for a while in her bouncy seat...she got tired of that so I put her in my Beco. She slept for another 45 minutes. Gave her a bath, fed her and she went to bed for the night around 6:30. She'll sleep all night only waking to eat once or twice.

Is this normal? She has always been like this. And before you say oh you're so lucky, she will only sleep in 2 places...her swing and her crib. Never in her car seat (that's for screaming), never while we are out. If we go anywhere she is going to be crying because she wants to go home and go to sleep. Needless to say she doesn't go very many places...I'm hoping she will grow out of this soon! I am envious of all those mamas with portable babies.

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #12
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Senia sleeps quite a bit too- when she's awake it's usually for only about an hour. She wakes up around 6:30-7 and then falls asleep in the sling when I walk the girls to school at 7:45 or soon after we get home if I drive. The day is pretty much sleeping for 1-2 hours at a time with short awake periods in between. She's awake the longest in the evening, from 5-7, give or take. She's usually passed out for the night by 8, just awake for 15 min or so when we go to bed at 10 and I change her clothes and diaper.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #13
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
Wow, I can finally respond from my phone, the app would never allow it before
I am getting an iphone (so is DH but he doesnt know this yet...) for Christmas so I am excited to be able to stay involved more often!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace View Post
As far as playing Brynn seriously plays very little. She sleeps ALL the time. Like today I had to wake her up at 8:30 to take dd2 to school. She was back down at 10:00, slept until 12:15 when I have to pick dd2 up again. She went back down at 1:00 and slept until 4:00. I took her outside for a while in her bouncy seat...she got tired of that so I put her in my Beco. She slept for another 45 minutes. Gave her a bath, fed her and she went to bed for the night around 6:30. She'll sleep all night only waking to eat once or twice.

Is this normal? She has always been like this. And before you say oh you're so lucky, she will only sleep in 2 places...her swing and her crib. Never in her car seat (that's for screaming), never while we are out. If we go anywhere she is going to be crying because she wants to go home and go to sleep. Needless to say she doesn't go very many places...I'm hoping she will grow out of this soon! I am envious of all those mamas with portable babies.
As for portable babies, I have one of those BUT I am the only one who is allowed to hold her and she doesnt nurse well when were out so that makes the feeding more frequest (never full...) She too hates the carseat and screams UNLESS the car is moving. Idling at a red light does not count. She also will not stay in the carseat if we go into a store, restaurant or any other outing. She cries. This makes it very hard.

Harper is the opposite when it comes to sleeping though. She is a terrible light sleeper still and the smallest noise will wake her. We are trying to ease into the noise but she is so intolerant, it makes her very crabby because she will literally wake around 6am to eat and stay up until we get back form school dropoff (8:30). She will nurse again then sleep in the swing for 15-45 mins. Then she is back up and will lay in the activity mat for a bit or go into a carrier for me to do some chores and she will stay up for two hours or more then sleep for another 15-45 mins. In the evening she will take a another short nap right before dinner then the witching hourS start and she is cranky until 7ish. I thought babies slept more than this.....

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Britt, mary and harper must be reading the same "how to be a baby" manual, lol. Shes a bad daytime sleeper for sure, age rarely sleeps longer than an hour at a time and that is usually in someones arms. It makes it so hard to make concrete plans.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Britt, mary and harper must be reading the same "how to be a baby" manual, lol. Shes a bad daytime sleeper for sure, age rarely sleeps longer than an hour at a time and that is usually in someones arms. It makes it so hard to make concrete plans.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #16
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Hey ladies! Finally some down time for me. Our weekend was fun, tiring though. The 3 hr drive wasn't too bad. Evan doesn't do well in the carseat either. I have to sit in the middle row with him and soothe him until he falls asleep. My mom and her dh didn't understand why I was sitting on my @ss the whole time with him this wknd. lol I kept telling them that if he didn't have a boob in his mouth while awake he wasn't happy. I did put him down a few times in the pnp but that never lasts very long. He's a sweet boy, just wants mom and to be fed nonstop. Luckily he slept most of the way home today. Dh is still at the house working. Lots to do before we get our big delivery!!! oh I'm so excited to get the kitchen done!!! Praying for good weather so we can paint the cabinets outside in the sunshine.
FX that little man stays asleep in the pnp right now. I managed to squeeze it into our already packed room so that we can ween him off of cosleeping. Normally I love it, but right now I just want to sleep deeply. Not worrying about him getting covered up or suffocating b/c his face is smooshed into my boob. YKWIM? I didn't worry about all that with the girls though. idk.
I am def dealing with crazy hormones and some emotional distress. Plus my girls are complete hellions most of the time lately. I know they've been dealing with a lot of changes lately but still!! ugh! I have days where I totally have it all together, and then there are those days that I just want to curl up and cry myself to sleep.
OK not gonna write a book. lol Think I need a cup of mother's milk tea and head to bed.