Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I may have screwed up...

Oh, I know it CAN live for several days, it's just not likely. Probably more likely to happen for some than for others, but it's more likely to only be a small window where all the conditions are right (i.e. living sperm in fertile CM meeting an egg before it dies off (12-24hrs)). Yes, under perfect circumstances sperm have the potential to live up to 5 days, it's more likely that if there is fertile CM available they'll live a max of 2-3 days and of course if there is no fertile CM it's unlikely they'll live at all! I know OP said she tends to be fertile, but I was trying to look on the positive side and assume a short window where all factors were present and favorable

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When are you testing?!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
sassybean
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Do you know how to check your cervix? A quick check will tell you if you're in the clear, or if a pregnancy is in your near future.

If you're uncomfortable having that discussion in an open forum, feel free to PM me. If you want to talk about it here, that's ok too.

God bless!
Oh I want to know! How can you tell if you are pg or not by checking your cervix?

TIA
*For all the people out there who say "Why buy the cow when the milk is free" here's a little news flash for ya...80% of women today are against marriage, why, because they realize it's not worth buying a whole pig just to get a little sausage!*
sassybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #14
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
When are you testing?!
I'm basically just playing "stick my head in the sand" right now. I figure I have been on the abx for almost 10 days and we haven't been "careful" that whole time. I have been taking my BC every night, but I have been on 3 different abx trying to clear up this strep and apparently now an ear infection (I found that out yesterday), and we haven't used any back up. If God wants to bless us with a superise, then I'm good with that. I will deal with DH if it comes true, if not it wasn't meant to be.

As far as the checking the cervix thing, I have looked on website and read and tried to feel around up there and cannot make heads or tails of anything. I don't live an at risk lifestyle (no drinking smoking or other meds), the abx I'm on are all class B for pregnancy, so if I turn out preggo, then and OMG all at once, and if not...well hopefully my oops will happen or I wasn't meant to have 3 kids! LOL

As far as the testing goes, if AF doesn't return in any shape form or fashion by the beginning of November, I will test!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #15
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow arent you brave mama lol! I would be poas like every day!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #16
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

op. Long ago when I was on the pill, and had toget ABX, the pharmacist was stressing the need to use backup, she had a new grandson they dubbed "Z-pack Zack"
Old 10-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejo View Post
op. Long ago when I was on the pill, and had toget ABX, the pharmacist was stressing the need to use backup, she had a new grandson they dubbed "Z-pack Zack"
This is the interesting thing. My doc double checked yesterday when I went to see him AGAIN, what prescription medicine I was on. I told him the mini pill...he said NOTHING about using back up. When I was in the Urgent care last Tuesday, they checked with me twice about my prescription medicine. I told them "mini pill". NOTHING. When I had my abx filled at the pharmacy...the pharmacist said nothing about back up, and my prescription bottle says nothing. So...whatever will be will be! LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #18
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I may have screwed up...UPDATE 10/20

bump for update!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #19
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are you still pumping/nursing? Maybe that's thrown it off? Or if you were sick and stressing it can delay O (but not delay AF since AF will come 12-16day after O regardless of outside influences)
Old 10-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #20
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
Are you still pumping/nursing? Maybe that's thrown it off? Or if you were sick and stressing it can delay O (but not delay AF since AF will come 12-16day after O regardless of outside influences)
Tina, Logan fully weaned the last week in September. He hasn't breastfed at all this month. I'm a mess. Could I have tested too early? I mean lets hypothetically say I O'd last week. Could l just be testing way early?