Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay! New due date!!

So I had an ultrasound done at 10 weeks to make sure my due date was right. The OB said it looked good, but the OB I saw today said I was measuring way off, so the other OB must have not actually looked at the U/S results. At my 8 week ultrasound, I was measuring 10 weeks. And she said at that stage, they are VERY accurate.

Even if not, woohoo! I know that some babies may go overdue, but my dates were unknown, so I was basically just going to go by the U/S. If it changes later on, well, bummer, but that will be OK. So I went from March 26th or 30th.... to March 18th!! I always deliver about 1-2 weeks early, so awesome if I have an early March baby! DH's birthday is March 25. I think he secretly wants me to go "overdue" to have the baby on his birthday.

DH came with me to today's appointment, and got to hear the faint heartbeat (since she's in a weird position near my back right now). It's becoming more "real" for us I think. We are going to tell family soon (like tonight or this weekend), or we might TRY to wait until after the U/S like we originally wanted. Instead of it being Nov. 11th, it's now the 4th.

We were thinking of picking a name, and having it put on a cake, and taking it with us when we visit his parents.

Anywho.. just wanted to share! I'm so estatic! Off to change my ticker so it reads 18.5 weeks.

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yay! New due date!!

That's awesome that you might be further along than you though I must say, though, that my records indicate that my 12 week ultrasound showed a "13 week fetus", but I KNOW that it was only 12 weeks. She was born on my due date exactly.

What were you using before? LMP?
Old 10-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I was using LMP, but I was really guessing. I had a very wonky cycle, so I didn't look for ovulation, and we were avoiding, so I *thought* that I waited 5 days prior to when O would have been. So.. who knows! I am still telling family that I am due at the end of March, and I'm still putting myself at a due date around the 26th-30th. I think I may even re-change my siggy, just so I don't convince myself. I'd rather go early, then be disappointed if it takes longer. I was kind of hoping for a later March due date anyways, so maybe I'll just stick with it in my head.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
bccc624
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on jumping ahead a little bit

Kind of a weird coincidence, your DH's birthday and my DF's birthday are the same!!! Hehe! But our babe is due March 6th, and I had a preemie last go around, so I think it will be a very slim chance I'll be that overdue

bccc624 is offline   Reply With Quote