Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #21
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Chat 10/24/2011

Heather does this mean that they will induce you or will they just give you antibiotics to help prevent infection until labor starts on its own?

Advertisement

Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #22
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Well, I am not being induced unless I go to the hospital, which I don't plan to do unless I start to show signs of infection.

At this point I am getting my blood drawn every couple of day to check my white blood cell count. I am also taking a bunch of vitamins/herbs to boost my immune system and prevent infection, and am taking my temperature 3-4x per day and seeing the midwives every other day to check his heartbeat on their doppler.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #23
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jaime - Praying for your BIL and family!

With DD my labor broke before labor started. I kind of like it because I knew I was in labor then. I didn't hear any pops or anything. I was sitting on the couch crocheting a baby bootie and felt what I thought was a BH. I stuck my hand on my stomach to see if it was tightening when I felt a gush. I ran to the bathroom and wound up sitting there for half an hour while DH went to the store for pads, lol

AFM - Helped a prego friend go through all her shower gifts and make piles of things to return (its her first, and she's had like 4 showers, lol). Then DD and I went to BRU and used the 10% registry coupon to buy a few things. That was kind of fun, plus I picked up a cute Baby's First Christmas outfit
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #24
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jen~ Seeing it made me feel like maybe things are starting to progress. With Ryker who was born at 38wks3days I started loosing plug at the end of week 36 and nothin much during week 37, had bloody show the night I went into labor at 38wks2days.

AFM~ I kinda hope my water breaks first or labor starts like with Alex the strong and close contractions from the start since I'm paranoid about not realizing I'm in labor and if Dh is at work it will take him 1-2hours to get home depending on traffic.

DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #25
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jaime - sorry about your BIL, hopefully it is caught early this time and treatment will go well. Hopefully the pregnancy will keep them strong and make time go quickly during treatment. I'm going to a 1 yr in remission for lymphoma suprise party this w/end weirdly enough. I know we would all be devastated to hear of it's return at some time.

Heather- I think it's the uncertainty that is hard to deal with. Good that everyone is keeping a good eye on you. Either way, your litte bean is almost there to full term, so that must be a huge relief to you.

Kami- I'll actually freak out, like seriously freak out if my water does break early on. I dilate crazy fast after that so I would literally be running to the car to get to the hospital. Praying the baby isn't born at side of the road!!!

AFM- I'm 37w on friday. I really need to make it til mid or end of next week as Halloween, ds party etc. After that I will feel more than ready if I do go into labor early. I plan to have membranes stripped on 15th, I don't normally go into labor early so I really think this baby will come on the 16th!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #26
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Jaime- I'm sorry to hear about your BIL. What kind of lymphoma does he have? My mom was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2001 and after a year of treatment she was in remission and has been since 2002. It was a tough year but with lots of prayers and help from family/friends we made it through. I still fear it coming back for her, though. I will keep your BIL in my prayers. I think the thought of his baby's arrival might help him get through it all.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Jamie-your family is in my thoughts.

More on membranes- with Ds1, they broke before labor began (no cntrx at 40 hrs, so to the hossy we went for pitocin). No pop, but I had small gushes every 20 minutes or so. With Ds 2, they broke went I sat down to pee (it was clear to everyone but me I was already pretty much through transition), and the urge to push started immediately. He was out 10 minutes later, breech and all.

Afm: I am up so passed my bedtime! Just couldn't even consider bed time I got everything cleaned up again. Also, I think I have done my last load of cloth until the new baby comes. It is just one less thing for me to think about. I am hoping that Ds2's new flip trainers will be ready not too long after that, as these dipes are starting to get a little low in the rise. I plan on using the flips as dipes (extra stuffing) til we are actually ready to PL.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #28
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

my water only broke on it's own with my first. It was a huge gush. I was sitting at the computer. Right before that I had gone pee, stood up from the toilet and something trickled down my leg. i thought I didn't get all the pee out lol. Then I go sit down and about 5 min later...gush all over the place. I didn't deliver until 27 hours later. It sucked lol. My other ones docs all had to break at the hospital, although this last one I did have a tear at the top and it was leaking for a few days. It was confirmed at the hospital, and my labor didn't actually start for 3 days after that, but since it was a tear up high, I got to go home and just couldn't insert anything, etc. but there was little chance of infection b/c of where the tear was (or something like that, I forget details now).