Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Co-op and Swap Questions

Ok. This might be a stupid question....but the other thread got me thinking....

What Co-ops and Swaps does DS have and where are they located? (I've been on DS for a over a year and don't know about those). Thanks!

Advertisement

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.
Shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-op and Swap Questions

You need to apply to coops/swaps. Go to user CP and on the left side you will see group memberships. Click there, and you can select the groups you would like to join.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay, I found them. But what does the Co-op and swap group entail, and why do you need to have requirements to get in....sorry stupid questions, I'm sure it's something pretty simple but I have my mind on so many things at the moment.....it escapes me.

Is the swap group like the DS forum for trades? And the co-op what is that? I've only ever heard of co-ops for buying produce and stuff. Please explain....thanks!

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

A swap is like...for example, they do an expectant mama swap. You buy a gift for another mama who is expecting and she buys for you (if you're part of that criteria).

A co-op is where you can get items at a great discount by participating in a group buy.

There are requirements because they don't want scammers to be able to access them and take advantage of others. So they ask that you "prove yourself" with feedback and by participating and getting your posts up
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, that makes sense.

So what happens if I don't have time for other blogs/posting sites, and I don't have any other feedback places?

Old 10-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
Oh, that makes sense.

So what happens if I don't have time for other blogs/posting sites, and I don't have any other feedback places?
you don't need feedback from a secondary site for the co-ops. It may mean you can't join the swap group though
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I used my ebay feedback when I joined swaps.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have an ebay account. (my DH has one, though, but all his old high school friends use it, too (stupid, I know, but it's his), and I haven't checked out the feedback, but probably not that great). I don't think I need to go to a swap group, though. I just wanted to know what they were about mostly, in case it's something that would be helpful, but giving and getting gifts, I really don't need.....other than a few iso items that I'm hoping to find on the regular ds forums. So I guess I don't need to join those. But a buying co-op (like a food one) would be fabulous. I'll have to check it out. There just isn't that much info on those.....is it one co-op, or more...but you can't see the list until you join? And then once you join...if you don't want to do the co-op...can you opt out? I guess I'll just try to join and see what happens. But then it says to put your name and phone number in the box, but also tell why you want to join, but there isn't enough room to write all that....am I missing something?

Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
stephy4632
Licensed Knitter
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
I don't have an ebay account. (my DH has one, though, but all his old high school friends use it, too (stupid, I know, but it's his), and I haven't checked out the feedback, but probably not that great). I don't think I need to go to a swap group, though. I just wanted to know what they were about mostly, in case it's something that would be helpful, but giving and getting gifts, I really don't need.....other than a few iso items that I'm hoping to find on the regular ds forums. So I guess I don't need to join those. But a buying co-op (like a food one) would be fabulous. I'll have to check it out. There just isn't that much info on those.....is it one co-op, or more...but you can't see the list until you join? And then once you join...if you don't want to do the co-op...can you opt out? I guess I'll just try to join and see what happens. But then it says to put your name and phone number in the box, but also tell why you want to join, but there isn't enough room to write all that....am I missing something?
you don`t really have to but why you want to join if it dosen`t fit but you do need name , phone , addy and two forms of fb unless you have over 1000 posts here and in that case you only need fb from here to join in swaps. These rules are for the groups protection.

currently your alittle short on post count to join swaps min is 500 posts

Last edited by stephy4632; 10-27-2011 at 08:12 AM.
stephy4632 is offline   Reply With Quote