Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #61
lisap91010
Registered Users

Re: anyone else "reluctantly avoiding"?

We are currently reluctantly waiting. We want to start our family, but Hubbs is in the Army and set to deploy 2012. He is really looking forward to being a dad and wants to be there so we are in limbo....... really stinks

Advertisement

lisap91010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #62
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are reluctantly avoiding...DD is 8 months old, but I ended up with a c-section, and so we *can't* get pregnant until 12-18 months (okay...so 18-24 months...but I'd feel "safe" waiting only 12 months)....Plus she's still pretty much EBF. She'll eat bites of things here and there, but sometimes days go by that she doesn't eat solids (if she happens to be sleeping during our meals, we aren't eating something she wants, etc.), and I'd like to BF her as long as she wants...I would feel incredibly guilty if she weaned early because I got pregnant...plus my ppaf hasn't come back yet...*sigh* I want a newborn again...and I want another shot at a natural birth...
Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #63
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah. I really want another baby too. DS3 is almost 20 months. As much as I'd love to get pregnant NOW, we just are not in the right place financially for it. The big issue is that we'd need a larger vehicle, and we just can't afford it right now. We're hoping to be able to get a mini-van early next year, once that happens, then I think I'll be able to convince DH for number 4. And then I think I'll be done.

But yeah, it's hard to wait, even thought I KNOW that it's the right thing to do right now.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #64
shaywallis
Registered Users
seller

I am "reluctantly avoiding" but for different reasons. There is nothing I would love more than to be pregnant and bring home a sweet tiny baby. Unfortunatly I just had my second stillbirth in the span on 11mo. A little girl born 2 months ago today at 31w5d. So we are still waiting on test results. Hopefully we will hop on the ttc train in May. Seems so far away though
shaywallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #65
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaywallis View Post
I am "reluctantly avoiding" but for different reasons. There is nothing I would love more than to be pregnant and bring home a sweet tiny baby. Unfortunatly I just had my second stillbirth in the span on 11mo. A little girl born 2 months ago today at 31w5d. So we are still waiting on test results. Hopefully we will hop on the ttc train in May. Seems so far away though

I cannot imagine the emotional pain that comes with that kind of loss. I know how devastated I was when I had my miscarriage... but I imagine to go through what you did is even worse than a 1st trimester loss.

So sorry mama!!!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #66
shaywallis
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post

I cannot imagine the emotional pain that comes with that kind of loss. I know how devastated I was when I had my miscarriage... but I imagine to go through what you did is even worse than a 1st trimester loss.

So sorry mama!!!

God bless!
Thank you so much for your condolences. I won't lie its really hard, especially this month. Evelyn was due Oct 8th and Lainey Grace was born at 23w on Oct 29th of last year. I miss them both more than words can ever say.I'm so blessed to have so many pictures of Evelyn to remember her by (she's my avatar picture). I know another baby would never replace either of my girls, but the desire to bring home a baby and give my ds a sibling is still very much there. Anyways not ttcing when really its the only thing you wish you were doing is kind of depressing. Hopefully we can all start our ttc journeys together. That would be fun !
shaywallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #67
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

I'm so so sorry mama. I can't imagine your pain or what you're going through. I just wanted to write and say you'll be on my heart and I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #68
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I can't even begn to imagine what you and your family have been through. I hope these tests will give you the answers you need for a future healthy pregnancy.

If AF shows for me in the next 10 to 14 days, I'll be back to reluctant avoidance. DH has decided on no more kids for the time being and probably never. He decided this around two weeks ago so we used the pull out method when I thought I was o'ing around CD17. Well, probably due to the cold virus and too much Sudafed, my ovulating was delayed And we weren't so careful so there is a possible chance I could be preggo this month. He will not be happy if I do get my BFP initially so I'm nervous but excited all at the same time.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #69
matersalad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me! I have a 6 month old an I would love to have another so they are fairly close in age, but DH has made it clear that he is not ready to have another one yet I hope that we can start trying again maybe around DS's birthday in April.
matersalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #70
MrsLombardi10
Registered Users
seller

I've had 2 c-sections in under a year, so as much as I want to get pregnant I know that my body needs a rest. A good, at least 2 years, rest. It kills me. I want another baby so bad!
MrsLombardi10 is offline   Reply With Quote