Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Going past 6 months before inroducing solids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
We started solids at 12 months and I'm very happy with that decision
I'm curious, when you started solids, how did he do? When did he really start eating?

DH is not used to many of my parenting philosophies (soooo different from what his family does - I know some of them think I'm a total freak ) and while he is supportive, I can tell he just isn't sure what to expect. I don't know exactly, either, since this is my first LO... I feel so much pressure from others and I hate that... I just wish I knew what to expect! haha

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #12
Connor
Registered Users
seller

He did great! He started eating straight from the table.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
He did great! He started eating straight from the table.
That is reassuring!

That's kinda what I'm going for (baby led solids, right?) but DH, bless his heart, just can't understand how LO will know how to eat regular food if he doesn't get purees first! lol
Old 10-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #14
MommyJen_11
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS turned 9 months today. We started letting him suck (not ingest) on things he would grab from us around 6 months, but not regularly....maybe once every couple weeks. Then around 8.5 months I started giving him a little bite of my oatmeal or a few cheerios to play with and eat while I cook etc. We give him a little food maybe once a day. My supply hasn't changed at all because I do not rely on what he eats for calories. He is really enjoying eating rice and roasted vegetable pieces even with no teeth, but we aren't planning on him weaning anytime soon. He still nurses every 3-4 hours around the clock.

I read the Baby Led Weaning book as a guide for ideas on how to introduce food, but waited longer and I don't offer food 3 times a day yet. I think if you do what feels right for you and your baby you will be fine. It feels easier for him to nurse because I know he is getting everything he needs.

Let your baby try things here and there and just watch him. It is amazing to see that they do know how to chew. DS has never had purees and can eat crackers, cooked vegetables, spinach, steamed apple etc.

Last edited by MommyJen_11; 10-28-2011 at 03:29 PM.
MommyJen_11 is offline   Reply With Quote