Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can someone explain "funded pp" and "you pay the fees"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanterfamily View Post
or u could go to ur paypal and "load" it with funds sort of like a prepaid card. it takes 4 days to clear but it is a one time transfer so if someone got ur paypal they wouldnt go hogwild with ur checking acct!
I do this. Its a great way to budget how much I allow myself to spend each month. I use my paypal debit card when Im buying things in a brick n morter store as well so I can stay in my budget.

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #12
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
but I'm kind of bothered that I wouldn't have had to pay the fees with funded, even though she still would have. Those fees maybe should have been included in the price since she would be paying them no matter what. Do people realize that, or just maybe people don't notice that they are paying fees on all premier transactions?
I hear ya and I had never seen it done before until I came to DS.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #13
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich1218 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove View Post

Premier accounts that are linked to bank accounts get charged 2.9% +.30 for receiving any payment, funded or not, but can receive unlimited cc payments.
So people with premier accounts are paying fees no matter what? That's a little annoying, since I used cc paypal the other day. The mama said it was all right as long as I paid the fees. She had a premier account. I don't mind paying fees when I do use cc paypal, which isn't often, but I'm kind of bothered that I wouldn't have had to pay the fees with funded, even though she still would have. Those fees maybe should have been included in the price since she would be paying them no matter what. Do people realize that, or just maybe people don't notice that they are paying fees on all premier transactions?
i have a funded acct and a premier acct so i don't pay fees for funded transaction

Last edited by cowmommy; 07-03-2007 at 12:55 PM.
cowmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #14
mich1218
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It said "premier", so I assumed it was a premier account-maybe not then? I know some people have 2 accounts-one for cc, one to send funded. Would a funded acct say premier if it was not? It seems that as soon as I think I understand pp, I read something and don't understand it again!
Snooty Booty Diapers-Code "swapper" for free shipping-Knickernappies, Softbums, Booroi, Bum Genius, GroBaby, Bottombumpers, Tiny Tush, Thirsties, Mommy's Touch & more!Cloth Diapers Made Simple blog-info,giveaways, reviews
mich1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #15
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

A lot of people have 2 accts. They ask if the person is sending CC or funded and then give them whatever email address is needed. So they dont pay fees on every transaction. Only the CC transactions they send to their CC acct.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 PM   #16
mom2mybumpy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so then is "verified", which is PayPal's term functionally the same as "funded" or is there another loophole I'm missing?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #17
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

No, verified means that the funding sources have been verified to belong to the account holder.

This is done when paypal makes two small deposits in your checking acct. I provide them with the totals of those deposits and it shows that the acct is actually yours.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #18
mom2mybumpy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
No, verified means that the funding sources have been verified to belong to the account holder.

This is done when paypal makes two small deposits in your checking acct. I provide them with the totals of those deposits and it shows that the acct is actually yours.
Ok, thanks!