Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #11
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My first was back labor, o my gosh

Advertisement

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #12
mother of 4, soon 5
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Quick....

so I wonder if there are postions for us to try to avoid it, because it was theee worst thing ever, nothing helped me at all. no touch solved it, no position felt better, breathing didnt even control it. I really want to go natural so I would like to be prepared for the worst if it does come on again.

mother of 4, soon 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had awful back labor with my DS too.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #14
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother of 4, soon 5 View Post
Kind of off topic- but this made me of my first labor cause I had back labor- has anyone else ever had back labor? I know its because of the babies head facing a certain direction- I wonder if theres a way to prevent it? GOSH I wish that on no one, every labor after that was normal thank god but its the what if I get it again will I be able to bear it? Anyone had it before?
Actually, I had MAJOR back labor with my daughter. Never once felt a contraction in my tummy. It typically means they are posterior. Instead of their head down, it is up. I SWORE she was posterior but she WASN't. Isn't that insane?!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #15
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
so I wonder if there are postions for us to try to avoid it, because it was theee worst thing ever, nothing helped me at all. no touch solved it, no position felt better, breathing didnt even control it. I really want to go natural so I would like to be prepared for the worst if it does come on again.
I went natural with back labor. You can do it! But I do agree it was the WORST!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #16
mother of 4, soon 5
Registered Users

My Mood:

I dont know how if I cant cover a midwife in the home with insurance how to go natural in a hospital setting, its just soo controlled and nonrelaxing. I am already more worried that Im not fit enough and wont have the right mentality. So advice please....

mother of 4, soon 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #17
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I dont know how if I cant cover a midwife in the home with insurance how to go natural in a hospital setting, its just soo controlled and nonrelaxing. I am already more worried that Im not fit enough and wont have the right mentality. So advice please....
Just tell them to to everything in the beginning and stress the fact that you do not want an epidural. Also, you do not want pitocin. Unless it is life or death and don't let them scare you! I told them not to even put an IV in me because I did not want anything. You can do it. My nurse was a big help. If you don't have a supportive nurse than ask for a new one!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stefanie - I have had back labor with all 3 of my vaginal deliveries. DS2 was a c-sec for breech presentation and I had no "real" labor with him.
I know doing some pelvic exercises (cat/cow from yoga for example) can help with baby's presentation. Check out spinningbabies.com - pretty sure they have some exercises and advice on there. Just google it also, other sites will come up.
For me, though, I truly don't believe there's anything I can do about it. Not a cop-out, I swear! With DD I didn't try anything, cuz I didn't think about it. She was face up, bad back labor. With DS1 I did everything they suggest. He was face up, bad back labor - although I labored for 4hrs in the tub and that was a.maz.ing. Seriously.
I know I was face up when born, myself. My mother and I are nearly exact in stature and shape. I talked about all this while laboring with DS2 and the nurse said it may just be that my hips carry a baby face up instead of face down. Just how they settle in down there and get comfortable. but I'm not worrying myself over it.

And I have had 2 natural, fairly intervention free, births in hospital. It's definitely possible. There shouldn't be any arguements - you are in charge. Tell them what you want and that's it.
I was induced (our choice) with DS1 with pitocin. In spite of that I had no epidural, I was no on constant monitoring, I labored in the tub for hours, and I ate/drank when/what I wanted.
With DS3 it wasn't exactly what I wanted - but by that point I was so worried about just getting a vbac I didn't care. I had an IV in each arm unfortunately - one for antibiotics (gbs +), the other for platelet transfusions (I have ITP causing low platelets). I was on constant monitoring - because I didn't bother arguing it. I was in bed the whole time - because, again, I didn't bother getting up. I know I could have, I just didn't bother. It helped that labor started at 1:30am, so at 3 or 4 or 5am I was just too tired to care, lol.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #19
Djuna2
Registered Users

My Mood:
Stephanie, all three of my labors were posterior babies with back labor (even my twins -- A was posterior). Now, I personally am all for me having an epidural, but I had my twins at a Kaiser/Group Health HMO, and they were very clear that they don't push epidurals (I don't know if that is true at all of them, but it was at mine. Mine was also totally non-pushy about me going 40 weeks with twins).