Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I don't think you'll have much luck asking for reimbursement. I would ask about them though. Im sure that most non CDers have any idea how expensive they are. I'm now grateful my DDs daycare never lost one.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #12
kristinco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: CDing at Daycare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea2269 View Post
I am so jealous! My dc won't or can't cd. They said state regs won't allow it.
Look up your regs yourself. This is most likely a fib or they just don't know. My DC said the same thing, so I looked it up. The regs in CO even had guidance on how to handle cloth diapers! Well guess what? My DC now takes cloth diapers! It's a myth out there in DC land. If they won't do it, because they don't want to, that's one thing. But to use the excuse about state regs is most likely a line of BS.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #13
amykay44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks all!

It turns out we are missing four all BGs in fairly good shape (used about 10 months). After asking them they were so sorry and agreed to look all around, but I don't expect to get them back. I have learned my very hard (and expensive) lesson. Count all my diapers before I leave every day. I think that they learned too and it probably won't happen again. They are such amazing care providers and I truly believe it was an honest mistake. It also sounds like we are pretty luck to have found a provider that takes cloth. They never hesitated, and they love the easy of the prestuffed pockets we provide.
amykay44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #14
doodah
Registered Users
seller

About the cloth diapering in general, state regulations vary wildly. Some states regulations are so insane that it makes it impossible for the daycare to accept cloth. It is true that some cannot cloth diaper!

As for the OP, sorry about those diapers. I know plenty of moms that have a cheap stash for daycare and use the nicer ones at home for this very reason. maybe they will still show up.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
bea2269
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinco

Look up your regs yourself. This is most likely a fib or they just don't know. My DC said the same thing, so I looked it up. The regs in CO even had guidance on how to handle cloth diapers! Well guess what? My DC now takes cloth diapers! It's a myth out there in DC land. If they won't do it, because they don't want to, that's one thing. But to use the excuse about state regs is most likely a line of BS.
Evidently, the state (TN) will only allow cloth with a dr's note. I looked over their regulations online. I think we may develop a sudden allergy to sposies......
bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #16
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea2269 View Post
Evidently, the state (TN) will only allow cloth with a dr's note. I looked over their regulations online. I think we may develop a sudden allergy to sposies......
Don't tell my daycare! Apparently, they don't know they aren't allowed to use them They've never had any problem with it. I personally wouldn't lie about it in order to use them at day care. Unless you are absolutely 100% anti-sposie. I must admit, there have been times when I felt like a SHORT time in sposies was the best for a certain situation -- like when we were dealing with a yeast rash that did not want to go away.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #17
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJules View Post
Don't tell my daycare! Apparently, they don't know they aren't allowed to use them They've never had any problem with it. I personally wouldn't lie about it in order to use them at day care. Unless you are absolutely 100% anti-sposie. I must admit, there have been times when I felt like a SHORT time in sposies was the best for a certain situation -- like when we were dealing with a yeast rash that did not want to go away.
My Dr. had ZERO issue with writing a note and thought it was dumb that you even needed one. We ended up not using that daycare anyways but there reasoning was "sanitary issues". Makes no sense. Not to mention they couldn't show me a regulation on it (military base). Anyways if you want to use cloth I would get a note from the doc. Maybe your baby doesn't have an issue NOW but there are issue that sposies CAN cause (even if unlikely or whatever).