Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #31
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *HELP*Advice Needed about NO Milk for DS and PediaSure to supplement

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
You want more calories from protein and healthy carbs. Sugar burns off too fast. You don't necessarily want more calories, you want more HEALTHY calories. Feeding a skinny kid butter and ice cream is not a good idea. avocado, dark meat chicken, cheese, eggs, etc that are high in calories AND nutrients is much preferable to the empty calories in sugar.
totally agree with this!

We only get 1 gallon of raw milk a week, and it's rationed between my daughter and I, so she gets cheese, yogurt, kefir, eggs, butter, avocado, coconut milk...nutrient-dense, high-calorie foods, not empty calories from carbs or sugar.

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #32
becky1231
Registered Users

My kids rarely rarely drink milk. I found out last summer while we were dealing with my YDS and tanking Iron levels that if one drinks to much Milk or rather gets to much Calcium it makes it so that your body can't absorb iron. They still get all the the things they need it is just more closely monitored.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #33
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
The point of the sugar is to get calories in him. You want sugar because you want medically controlled calories that the body will absorb easily. Sugar is not evil. Your son needs the calories, as well as the nutrition.

I would ask for a referral to a pediatric nutritionist to do a full workup for you. He or she will examine the diet, and make suggestions. We love ours.
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote