Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
cookiejewels8
Registered Users

Frustration at night

DD is almost 11wks old, she nurses just fine during the day....then at night it's almost like she loses her patience & just gets so frustrated she won't even bother latching on. Or she'll latch & then start screaming like she's being tortured! So I offer her a bottle & she sucks it down like her life depended on it!!! Has anyone else experienced this? Some nights aren't bad but tonight has been a scream fest. Ugh.

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Frustration at night

Entirely normal for a newborn. DD1 did this until... gosh, somewhere between 4-6 months it started to taper off. DD2 is an entirely different creature and happily goes to sleep between 6:30 and 7pm and isn't usually heard from again until midnight. It's entirely personality. The stimulations of the day catch up with them and their little bodies and brains get overwhelmed trying to process everything. The reason she sucks down a bottle has little to do with hunger. Great info on Kellymom here: http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/fussy-evening.html and info on why "hungry" babies "gulp" down bottles here: http://www.mother-2-mother.com/cc-baby-B.htm#Fussiness
Old 11-01-2011, 02:22 AM   #3
cookiejewels8
Registered Users

Thank you Kristie, that helped a lot. At least I know I'm not alone and that there's an end in site!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Frustration at night

You're so welcome! and hang in there--it seems like an eternity, but it'll pass and your child will read the next chapter in that perennial bestseller, "How to Confuse, Stymie, Mystify, and and Baffle Your Parents."