Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Who needs a good laugh?

I teach DS as much as I can about being self-sufficient and being helpful around the house. He is 2.5 and picks up fairly well on things like cleaning and organizing and doing general tasks... a little too well...

I was doing laundry this morning and had piles on the floor in front of the washer. I went into the kitchen to do some other stuff before starting laundry. I thought DS was in the living room watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and playing with his blocks.

After a few minutes I walk back to the laundry area to find DS standing on the dryer reaching for the laundry soap. He had pushed a chair up to the washer, loaded the washer with a pile of clothes, turned the dials to where they needed to be for the load, and was in the process of getting soap for the load when I caught him. I am proud that he has all of that figured out, but man, it scared the day lights out of me to see him standing on that dryer.

Apparently I didn't learn my lesson from that though (and neither did he) because just a few minutes ago, he decided he was hungry. I was in the laundry area folding laundry and he pulled a corn dog out of the freezer, removed the wrapper (and threw it away), then climbed on the kitchen counter, put the corn dog in the microwave, and started it. Now, corn dogs cook for 48 seconds, but sometimes DS pushes a button in a way that it shows twice... THAT was THIS time... instead of 48 seconds, he put the corn dog on for 4:48!

After 2 minutes, he realized something was wrong because he started screaming "Mommy! Corn dog 'sploding! Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!" That poor corn dog

Guess I can't leave him alone anymore because now he's TOO helpful and self-sufficient

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cute!
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who needs a good laugh?

What a clever guy!
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love it!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacsMom2009 View Post
I teach DS as much as I can about being self-sufficient and being helpful around the house. He is 2.5 and picks up fairly well on things like cleaning and organizing and doing general tasks... a little too well...

I was doing laundry this morning and had piles on the floor in front of the washer. I went into the kitchen to do some other stuff before starting laundry. I thought DS was in the living room watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and playing with his blocks.

After a few minutes I walk back to the laundry area to find DS standing on the dryer reaching for the laundry soap. He had pushed a chair up to the washer, loaded the washer with a pile of clothes, turned the dials to where they needed to be for the load, and was in the process of getting soap for the load when I caught him. I am proud that he has all of that figured out, but man, it scared the day lights out of me to see him standing on that dryer.

Apparently I didn't learn my lesson from that though (and neither did he) because just a few minutes ago, he decided he was hungry. I was in the laundry area folding laundry and he pulled a corn dog out of the freezer, removed the wrapper (and threw it away), then climbed on the kitchen counter, put the corn dog in the microwave, and started it. Now, corn dogs cook for 48 seconds, but sometimes DS pushes a button in a way that it shows twice... THAT was THIS time... instead of 48 seconds, he put the corn dog on for 4:48!

After 2 minutes, he realized something was wrong because he started screaming "Mommy! Corn dog 'sploding! Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!" That poor corn dog

Guess I can't leave him alone anymore because now he's TOO helpful and self-sufficient
Sounds like my son.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
GreysBumatomy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacsMom2009 View Post
:rofl mbo:: roflmbo::roflm bo: