Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
borncrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Feeling proud of myself!

So I was browsing through this thread last night for inspiration and it really helped . Today I went in the closet and pulled down the bins of baby clothes I (well DH) was saving (I actually purged 2 bins full a few months ago, but he didn't want me to get rid of anymore "just in case") and got rid of anything I didn't love or use with the last 2. Did the same thing in the boys closet.... My DH goes nuts during the Carters and children's Place outlet season sales and the were clothes in there with tags still on them! Stuff I knew I wasn't going to use for the next kiddo, or didn't fit anymore and I saw no reason to save because it was barely used, etc. I went through my books and purged a few of those, grabbed the clothes of dhs that I had hidden last year (cuz I swear if I let it happen, be would be a hoarder.... So I pull out clothes he hasn't worn in a year, or are ripped, stained, don't fit, hide them in a bin for a year and if he doesn't ask for them I donate them ), and went through my clothes and got rid of some stuff that I had in my closet just in case. I filled 3 garbage bags today! So excited!

Next I sewed up the curtains to go over the 3 3 shelf bookcases I put in the dining room to store all my craft stuff and the kids art supplies and also serve as a buffet and I plan to go through my craft stuff tomorrow.... I also need to dig out the cd/DVD organizer thing I bought and do that so I can trash all of the DVD cases that just take up space in the house.... Baby steps . But I'm doing it! Purge, purge and purge some more! There's so much crap in this house and the more i look the more I see stuff that we don't need and can get rid of

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
sasterb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling proud of myself!

Good for you mama! I have to get my kids clothes under control but I have a real hard time with that.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Good Job!!!!! I just completed the kids clothes and WOW was it a big job!

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
borncrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have until Friday to finish a BIG purge.... I just got my pickup date from the salvation army and they only pickup if you have furniture.... Hoping to clear out the garage..... I have so much crap in there..... But after that, most of the stuff can be bagged and dropped off at Goodwill down the road, one bag at a a time . Looks like I won't be able to do a whole lot today, gotta finish steam cleaning the living room carpets and getting laundry put away before a little get together at my house tomorrow....
Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

GREAT work mama!!! The cleaning for company will get easier as you go too! AHHHH!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good job!
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:03 AM   #7
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great job mama. i am just starting and i feel so good getting rid of stuff, but for some reason this week my house has been extra messy i think its because all the stuff we are pulling out of storage spaces and whatnot, but its driving me crazy. i am taking a break today and gunna work on some bows for a craft show i am in on the 12th nov. Good luck on getting things done.