Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Early PLers and regression...

Wondering if any of you have been through this before? J decided at 18 months (not even walking yet) that he didn't want to go in diapers anymore and started using the potty pretty consistantly. Fast forward to about 2 months ago when it ALL went wrong....He had been on abx for 2 solid months for a really stubborn bilateral ear infection (so a little runny to start with) when he raided the pantry while I was taking a shower. He ate at least half a bag of prunes. The ensuing accident was BAD. And fast. It really freaked him out. Now he has no interest whatsoever in PLing any more. Should I start to push the issure soon? I've left it alone, but now he doesn't want to be changed and asks for sposies. WWYD?

I'm Jessica, CPST ERF, no circ, vegetarian mama to 3 crazy boys-Aidan-8, Patrick-7, and PLing little James-2!

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?
CrazyBoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Early PLers and regression...

I'm in a similar situation. my son is now 18 months and about 2 months ago decided he was going to use the potty. He did great. then out of no where stopped using the potty. no idea why. long story short, he's now back in his diapers and on occasion wants to use the potty or at least says he does but then won't go and he fights me to change his diapers. as of now, i'm letting him lead the way since he's the one who started it anyway. in a few months I might try to encourage it again. we'll see. let me know if you found anything that gets your son back in the mood to use the potty.
ohiomomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
MT Momma
Registered Users
My Mood:

Glad I'm not the only one!!! My 19mo old has been using the potty for 2 months now... and doing awesome, cars, camping, home, away. She was even staying dry at naps and nights. Then about a week ago, all went to hell in a handbag Not sure where to go with this, but I can't wash a load of 10 panties a day. She is back in diapers at night so I'm hoping this is just a little regression??? Fingers crossed for all of us!
Jess: CDing, BFing, BWing, vaxing, blessed to stay at home, natural birthing momma to Z (July '08) and E (March '10), and T (June '12) and wife to my love and hero since (October '05)
MT Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I was coming for help on the same issues. My DD was using the potty for everything except nights and naps, still often woke up dry but she stopped about 3 months ago and we can barley even get her to sit on the darn thing now.

We have even started bribing with M&M's in the last few weeks and that is not working.
First girl born 10/31/09 6lb14oz
Second girl born 7/3/12 - 4 weeks early-only 1 week in the NICU
Swag with me - Zoombucks!
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote