Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
free vertual school

Does anyone know anything about this? My friend pointed me out to this. If you can provide any feedback, advice, info. I'd really appreciate it thank you soo much everyone.

http://www.connectionsacademy.com/fl...ic-school.aspx

Advertisement

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
linz2491
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's like K-12 I believe. You are in an online charter school and report back and meet with a teacher once a month.
Lindsay, mom to intact boys Aidan 12 Roan 7 and Gabby Rose 5 :no longer breastfeeding, or cloth diapering, sometimes co sleeping, had 2 unassisted home births, but still non vaxing, unassisted home birthing and home schooling
linz2491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
We use connections in nevada. We love it. I have 4 students enrolled. It is free, the books, the teacher support, and a computer.

We never have to meet with a teacher, we have bi-weekly calls that last 10 minutes.

We love the field trips, and we also have free violin lessons. We use it because we like their gifted and talented program, and my older girls are working on getting more highschool credits then they could get by going to highschool.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:
Re: free vertual school

We used it in Kansas, the teachers were nice and their extra reading program did help my son with his reading skills...but it is public school. You could work ahead but if your child was lacking in another subject you had to keep moving and things had to be turned in by a set date or they'd get bad grades...I'm just not for that at all...defeats the purpose of homeschooling IMHO. My oldest hated it, my middle was only in K so his was pretty easy.

If your seeking something where you have to be accountable to a teacher, take state testing and a more school at home approach, then you may like it. I am not a school at home type and reminded why I hated school as a child...