Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
I feel terrible

I am going to post this here because it has to do with my purge.

I was just cleaning out the last little bit of junk from our 2nd dresser in our bedroom because we have someone coming to pick it up this evening (since we no longer need it WOOT!!!) and I was looking through the little papers and receipts making sure I didn't throw away anything important. Well one of the receipts was from a necklace and bracelet DH bought me about 2 years ago. He bought me this really perfect necklace and bracelet that was absolutely my style (it was 2 strands, 1 grey and 1 almost black) and he was so excited about it as was I. I knew he bought it at a jewelry store because it came in the box from there but I had no idea what it cost..........Well on to the point of this story. About 2 weeks ago our 3 month old (well she JUST turned 4 months now LOL) broke it. She always holds onto my necklaces when we are walking down the stairs if she is not in the wrap. I think it is because it makes her feel safer since she only does it when I carry her and she isn't in the wrap or mei tie. She unfortunately broke it as I was putting her into the carseat so the tiny beads broke onto the concrete, the carseat, and the floor of the car. Needless to say I could not even come close to finding them all. DH seemed really bummed (as was I) and that is unusual for him........WELL that necklace cost $190!!!!! I feel SO BAD. I would NEVER have guessed it cost that much and can not believe he spent over $250 on me for a birthday. Now I just feel really terrible that I let it get broken. Ok that was really long......BUT the silver lining I guess is that I am getting that dresser OUT OF HERE!!!

Advertisement

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
sasterb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I feel terrible

Ugh. That would make me wanna cry that it broke and that my DH spent that much on a gift for me. Did you get a few beads that maybe you make it into a ring or a charm or something?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
photocat
Registered Users

Ouch!

Oh dear, the things us mothers go through. I like the above idea though, if you managed to save a few beads.

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

I totally understand how you feel. A few years ago DH bought me a pendant because the stone was beautiful... We had it reset as the setting was just hideous and it was really special to me and he was really happy with it. One day the chain broke... I found the chain, but never found the pendant. When we had reset the stone we had also had the necklace appraised... the value was $750!! And of course we had forgotten to add it to our home insurance

The point of all that is: You aren't alone, and it really does suck, but at least you know your DH cared that much and found something perfect for your birthday that year and you won't forget how much it meant to you both

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
kelliekimmy
Registered Users
seller
seller

To add another bright side - if you knew how much it cost, would you have worn it as much as you did? You wore it proudly, showing your DH how much you love the thought and effort he put in to finding you the perfect gift.

I NEVER wear my engagement ring, and I lost my wedding band a year ago (see a connection there). I am too afraid of loosing it too, and it cost sooo much more than the wedding band. My DH is sad about this, he feels like it wasn't what I wanted, when it is soo perfect that I don't want anything to happen to it
Old 11-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I wore that thing every.single.day. I really loved it and although I know $190 is not expensive to some it is crazy expensive in my book. At least I still have the bracelet though and I kept the broken necklace because the way it is made I *think* I can cut off the broken strand and just have it as the light grey strand. We shall see.

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

$190 is crazy expensive, but it shows he thought you were worth it ^_^

Take it in to the jeweller, they may be able to do something with what you salvaged, rather than just cutting it.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is a good idea. I think I got about half of the beads (they are these teeny tiny metal beads)