Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Blog mentions in post

Okay I admit, I was called out for linking my blog in a post. I apologized and havent done it since. Then I started saying "check my siggy" which I thought was cool as I have seen that posted before. But I was notified today, that that is not allowed as well. So my question...

Are we not allowed to mention "blog" at all in our post? Things like, "I wrote a blog post about that topic, or I have more tips on breadmaking on my blog" Or I will write a post about that on my blog by weeks end, or I have a budget excel sheet on my blog. Those are all not allowed as well? Cause I definitely see people other than me doing this.

What about linking other people's blogs. Can we do that?

Also is there a rules thread I can review. Since I have multiple warnings now, I really want to make sure Im not going to do something else wrong.

Advertisement

OoBeeSoap.com
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Re: Blog mentions in post

Hmmm I see links to blogs ALL THE TIME!
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by purna079 View Post
Okay I admit, I was called out for linking my blog in a post. I apologized and havent done it since. Then I started saying "check my siggy" which I thought was cool as I have seen that posted before. But I was notified today, that that is not allowed as well. So my question...

Are we not allowed to mention "blog" at all in our post? Things like, "I wrote a blog post about that topic, or I have more tips on breadmaking on my blog" Or I will write a post about that on my blog by weeks end, or I have a budget excel sheet on my blog. Those are all not allowed as well? Cause I definitely see people other than me doing this.

What about linking other people's blogs. Can we do that?

Also is there a rules thread I can review. Since I have multiple warnings now, I really want to make sure Im not going to do something else wrong.
I got your pm and responded earlier.

A link was given to the rules in the warning you were given but here it is again just in case the pm was deleted. When someone is posting "checkout my blog for more info" it falls under spam. I think I explained it earlier to you about how when it is allowed, the forums become super clogged with members just wanting to direct people to their blog (it may have been someone else I pm'd that explanation to though so don't hold me to that lol)

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/rules.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
Hmmm I see links to blogs ALL THE TIME!
If you are seeing links outside of the "Check out my Blog/Website" forum and the blog belongs to the one posting the link, it isn't allowed. I know they do slip by a lot when it is just a post here or there but when many of a member's post are directing people to a blog, it tends to end up being noticed.

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 11-03-2011 at 12:45 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get it now, although that link you posted...I think I just earned another strike against me for #6, discussing a strike that I received via PM on a forum thread! Yikes!
OoBeeSoap.com
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

You don't have any strikes Just pm's saying spam for blogs isn't allowed.

Respect is a two way street and you have been most polite in both pm and in this thread.Really, no worries! You are just fine

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote