Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think this BCP is making me crazy...

and i don't know what to do!!! it will be 2 weeks on sunday and i've already gained 5lbs, i'm nauseous all the time, my acne is back, i'm so groggy/fatigued, OMG irritable like i am ready to snap all the time...i am able to control myself most of the time outwardly, but i'm just exploding on the inside! dd is in a horse show on saturday, my inlaws are coming tomorrow and i have piles of dirty clothes and dishes and my *** is glued to the couch sick and in tears. Our fridge is not cooling and i don't know what is even salvageable anymore. My mom has a fridge but I don't know how we are going to get it from her basement to our house or what to do with our fridge when we do get the new one. i'm feeling so overwhelmed and i can't recover from it!

i want to blame the pills but to be fair, i tend to run a little on the crazy end to begin with but i am just feeling crushed right now. We were looking forward to a little spontaneity with not having to worry about condoms right now but i can't keep feeling like this. The same thing happened when I tried nuvaring right after dd was born. If i'm going to feel this ****ty i should get a baby out of it at least!

i guess this is part vent (ok big vent) but i'm also wondering if this could go away and if so how long will it take?! i realize i have not given it much time and i was trying to stick it out for at least a month but at this rate i don't even know how i am goign to make it though the weekend.

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: I think this BCP is making me crazy...

I always thought you were supposed to give it 3 mos on a new BCP to see how your body adjusts to it???

I could be totally wrong.

mama. I'm so sorry. I think if you are this miserable you should try another dose or another brand... maybe even another method.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the reply! I could almost hear crickets chirping!

i dont know how i made it through last month but i am on my second pill pack and i think im feeling better. Im cramping almost every day not bad constant but once in a while its enough to make me stop what im doing. Like o pains.

Now im scared to dtd because hes not wearing a condom so in my mind an oops is more of a possibility. Im so crazy. He needs to get a V stat!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree - give it a little time for your body to adjust. I would say 3 to 4 month minimum. After that is you are still having negative side effects maybe change the pill type of the method all together. I used BCP before having children when first married and the first two kinds they put me on SUCKED (and they were the popular kind most people take)..... i honestly don't even remember the kind they put me on after the first two - but it was a noticeable change. So keep in mind it might not be that ALL BCP will make you "crazy" but just maybe the kind you are on currently.

And dtd all you want - if you are getting crazy side effects its probably working