Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #11
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Winter Wear

I don't have any additional suggestions, but just wanted to mention some random trivia.

A temperature of -40 is actually the same in both Farenheit and Celcius. That's the only temp to do that, though. Even 39 and 41 are different in the different gauges.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #12
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
I live in Wyoming and the seasons here are Summer, Almost Winter, Winter, and Still Winter. (snowed early September last year and it snowed again for my birthday...in JUNE!)

For your coat, look at your zipper. Chances are it's a YKK zipper or will fit one. I just made a rectangle out of some quilted fabric sold at Walmart and sewed a side of the appropriate sized YKK zipper on both sides so that it could zip to my coat. I got kind of fancy and sewed elastic at the top and under my boobs to make it fitted. Voila instant maternity/baby-wearing coat for less than $10.
I donated it or threw it away already sometime in the summer. And it was those huge poofy kinds. Yuck. We're just going to have to dig more money out of savings from tax return last year to buy me a maternity coat.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #13
MauceliMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm looking for a cape instead of a coat, so I can continue to wear it when I'm not pregnant. They just happen to be all the rage this season.
Proud CDing BFing Mamma to one bubbly girl age 2 ,expecting baby #2 March 10 2012 , and happily married to Italian Stallion daddy Mauceli.
MauceliMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #14
Shaylee
Registered Users

I bought my winter coats this past summer! I think I was about 6weeks along. LOL! The everyday casual one I bought from ebay and then I found a nice wool peacoat on clearance from Motherhood Maternity. I felt silly buying winter coats in July, but we just had our first snowstorm here this weekend so now I am so glad that I did.
Shaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:12 AM   #15
adamandme
Registered Users

Maybe eBay? I bet there are quite a lot of women who bought maternity coats and want to sell them now they're done with their pregnancy(ies). They're not cheap, so it makes sense to sell them (or perhaps if you buy a new one you could resell it for half the cost?)

H&M had some decently priced ones in the maternity section when I was there, I think. I didn't pay them much attention though.
adamandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:22 AM   #16
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauceliMommy View Post
I'm looking for a cape instead of a coat, so I can continue to wear it when I'm not pregnant. They just happen to be all the rage this season.
I almost bought a cape, but I really need to use my arms and I don't trust myself to keep track of long gloves...
Old 11-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #17
lemonylane
Registered Users
seller

I live in Ottawa, and have moved around Canada quite a bit so I know the need for a good warm coat in our climate!
I ended up buying a black wool maternity coat from Thyme that is really cute (I got the "wrap" 2 button version but there is also a 4 button one). I did have a coupon for 50% (originally $129) off so that helped a lot. I also happen to know a tailor who can take it in for me after the pregnancy if needed. The one I got lays pretty nice because I can wrap it as much as I want, so I'm not sure if I will even have to bother taking it in. For boots I have wool lined mukluks that are easy to slip on, freaking adorable and sooo comfy (very pricey at $300, but an investment piece because I pretty much live in them) I wore them last winter without any issues, but for added safety I have STABILicers Traction Device ($20 from Mountain Equipment Coop) to slip over the sole on icy days. You can always try to get some of your money back selling your winter gear to new moms next year.
lemonylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #18
an_aurora
Registered Users

DDC, but I was pregnant in the winter and was always super warm because of the hormones! I had a maternity coat from Old Navy and wore a fleece underneath on the really really cold days.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote