Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #11
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My mother...

Oh no!!! Sorry!!

Honestly...I think your Mom will forget she ever said that, and might even appologize, once the baby gets here! There's nothing like a little bundle of sweetness to soften someone up!

But that, of course, doesn't take away your frustration at what she said....I'm sorry.

When we told my sister that we were having a girl and we didn't have a name but we did have a boy name. She asked and we told her it was going to be Sebastian. She's said "Well, thank goodness it's not a boy b/c that name is horrible"! Uhhhhhh thanks sis!!!

Advertisement

png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #12
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have loved the name Mercedes ever since I read the Count of Monte Cristo when I was a child My parents/grandparents didn't much like the name that we chose for Claire before she was born, but now they love it. It fits her.

Everyone likes the boy name that we have this time, lol.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #13
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hah knowing my mom she will forget. She's always losing things and forgetting where she put stuff, purse, keys, etc.

Sara - yup, I like the Count of Monte Cristo too.

If it was a boy I doubt she would have like the name either if we told her where we got it from...but that will be a discussion for another day with her.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #14
MauceliMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

My dad wasn't very supportive of either our girl pick (Waverly) or our boy pick (Salvatore). He even went as far to say that, "Salvatore Mauceli sounds straight off the boat"....as I supposed it should because it's DH's great grandfather's name and it's in the book at Elise Island! We are not changing our names for anyone, and neither should you. Mercedes is cute, I knew a mexican girl with that name in school, and sometimes people called her Mercy for short.
Proud CDing BFing Mamma to one bubbly girl age 2 ,expecting baby #2 March 10 2012 , and happily married to Italian Stallion daddy Mauceli.
MauceliMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #15
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauceliMommy View Post
My dad wasn't very supportive of either our girl pick (Waverly) or our boy pick (Salvatore). He even went as far to say that, "Salvatore Mauceli sounds straight off the boat"....as I supposed it should because it's DH's great grandfather's name and it's in the book at Elise Island! We are not changing our names for anyone, and neither should you. Mercedes is cute, I knew a mexican girl with that name in school, and sometimes people called her Mercy for short.
That's cute. And it's part of what Mercedes means too. The only persons I'll change it for are me and dh if we decide later on that we don't like it - but I don't see that happening.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #16
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh, and my 6yo has a friend named mercedes. Nothing Hispanic in her background at all. They call her Sadie, which I also like.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is one of the reasons no one knows any of the names we have picked out. it might come across rude at first, but people get used to it.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #18
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well when I hear Mercedes I think of the rich lady in Call of the Wild. It's a pretty classic name, not Ethnic in my opinion, but even if it was...so?

We don't share names with anyone because we don't care to hear people's opinions. Even then sometimes you still get opinions after the fact. My husband's boss didn't like my daughter Aislin's name because he wanted us to name her April after my husband's mom....despite our oldest being named after her (middle name is Aibrean = April in Scot's Gaelic) She's named after her grandpa Lynn kind of.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote