Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #11
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Re: Working towards a Minimalist Lifestyle via Lists: Week 10/31 to 11/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgkcb13 View Post
I didn't post my list but I got some things done that were on my paper list...

I gave away my wedding dress. The girl I gave it to was so excited she cried. Made me feel great about giving it away!

DH and I condensed donations that were scattered throughout the house in different boxes, the back of my SUV is full with four more boxes waiting by the door, hoping I can do a drop off this weekend

I went through all the baby clothes still in storage and purged a *ton* while I was getting out YDD's current size. We're getting rid of her stuff as she outgrows it and saving much much less of the stuff ODD's growing out of. I figure thrift shops and garage sales are always packed with kids clothes and my family won't quit buying (*sigh*)

Have buyers coming to get both ODD's old bedding sets this weekend (!!)

We've actually gotten a lot done lately, I'm really happy with it
That is a ton of progress! Great job!

Advertisement

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #12
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
My beloved but broken exercise bike has left the building. I informed my hubs I will be getting another after we move. (I rode up to 11 miles a day well into my pregnancy til the kids broke it).

Went through 2 bins of ODS's legos & other junk & condensed.

Now I need to get some of the declutttered stuff out of here. 2 boxes of clothes, a small food processor, coffee grinder, butter dish, and 4 misc boxes from the garage. I should just take them to my fave thrift shop. YDS needs a few pairs of pants (he has 3 that fit so I am not over-buying, lol) and 1 long sleeve shirt. I guess I should get a move on it.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Well I have worked on the living room but not ready to cross it off the list. I still have a ways to go. We are getting rid of a dresser today (was supposed to leave wednesday but they guy had to work late ) and I am getting rid of a little tv stand that is currently used to hold DH's play station 3 and a fan. The PS will move to a shelf that is already up next to the tv and the fan will go on the floor. This will make a decent improvement in our room quickly. Gotta work on the coat closet today.

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #14
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

today I got 2 garbage bags of stuff together to get rid of. I also moved around my living room 4 times in a matter 2 hours and came to terms with the fact that a big overstuffed chair that I love and have had for years just doesn't fit in my home the way I want it to(if it was just 6 inches narrower......) so it's leaving in an hour when my dad gets out of work. Going to tackle the kids' bedroom after dinner with dad.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #15
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I dropped 3 boxes off at the thrift store, trashed 5 bags of stuff from ODS's closet, filled 3 more boxes for the thrift shop, purged some more of my beauty products & yay found the 4T long sleeve shirts for YDS. The house is looking better.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote