Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My Birthday party purge

I am so proud of myself, some of it was super hard, but I did it! This past Saturday we had a small going away/birthday for me/Halloween party. Well one of my guests had, had a house warming party I had to miss, so I gave her, her present at my party, it was some vintage cat figurines I knew she would love from my collection. I then offered her choices from my collection, I ended up sending her home with about 15 pieces, all of which she totally loved, and is so happy to have.

Another friend is moving into a new home and she took all my garden seeds, and I hope some onions (I scored about 40 lbs of local grown sweet onions for free). Another friend took a cute Halloween Witch I had.

But the hardest thing I did, that I need to be proud of, was when I was able to give a big piece I loved to a friend. A few years back I found a very beautiful large cat statue, I built a pond in front of and placed in my front garden. I love this cat! My friend, asked about it, and I said he could take her. I would love to have kept her, but from sprinklers hitting it for about 7+ years it has some damage and I am moving out of the country. I worry it would have been too expensive to ship such a fragile piece, and a bit silly to pay to store it for a few years. So I fought the urge to say no, and instead gifted it to a friend, who I know will enjoy the piece as much as I have.

So in the end a whole lot of my friends got to take great gifts home from my party and I got to downsize just a bit more!

I also want to add, I also braved listing my 12ft Christmas tree, the other day, I might have a bite on that. It is so hard to let go of, that tree is amazing, but it has to go. I really hope some of these hard purges, keep me focused and make it easier down the line. Sigh.

Advertisement

Last edited by Fairycat; 11-02-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Birthday party purge

Well great job! What country are you moving to?

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

England, in theory we will leave at the end of the year, unless DH's work pushes the move off till March. This is a tough but exciting move.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Oh that sounds exciting although I think I would find it hard cuz I have never moved far.

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have never moved far either so it is a big adventure. In fact I still live an hour away from where I was born, and about the same or less from any home I ever lived in. So yeah, crazy!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #6
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

gOOD job mama. And dont worry about the move. I am from san diego and have never left before last year and now i live in JAPAN. it was hard at first but such a great thing. glad my kids get to have the opportunity to live in another country. but you did just reminde me that i have a crap ton of CRAP in my storage in the states UHG!!!! i guess by the time i get "home" i will have not used it for 3 years and can just get rid of most of it (not the piano or washer/dryer). Good luck on your move
Old 11-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

About giving away your special cat.... My sis is visiting & is on a long spiritual journey. We were talking about getting rid of things & the mess of my house. One thing she shared with me is how love is generosity, & about some healing/happiness work she did that entailed letting go of things in order to become happier. I know I'm totally butchering this explanation, but what you did with the cat & the other things brought happiness to others &I hope brings the same to you.

Sorry for going all new age-y on you guys. I just found it so interesting that this paralleled my talk with my sis. =p

Sent using DS Forum, please forgive typos

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
hezdwoody
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
About giving away your special cat.... My sis is visiting & is on a long spiritual journey. We were talking about getting rid of things & the mess of my house. One thing she shared with me is how love is generosity, & about some healing/happiness work she did that entailed letting go of things in order to become happier. I know I'm totally butchering this explanation, but what you did with the cat & the other things brought happiness to others &I hope brings the same to you.

Sorry for going all new age-y on you guys. I just found it so interesting that this paralleled my talk with my sis. =p

Sent using DS Forum, please forgive typos
I enjoyed your explanation!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree Neonalee! I know that all the things will give these friends great enjoyment, and certainly more then they can give me, shoved in a storage unit for several years. It was the right thing. Thank you!

Now if I could just make it all easier for myself. I still really stuck at this purging thing! But I am pushing ahead. I gave more stuff to a friend today and also cleaned out my cedar chest. My repayment for cleaning my chest, I found two pieces, one I have been missing for years, the other a great sweater I forgot I owned, that will be great this winter!