Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #21
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Am I the only one who doesn't think it's a big deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I nurse in front of everyone : my parents, brother, in laws, nieces and nephews, strangers... it's normal for kids to mimic adults. It's not dirty or wrong. She probably freaked out when her daughter went through the exploring what's under my diaper stage, too. My DD also likes to 'peek a boo' me in the shower and sees me naked all the time. I want her to know that just because our bodies are 'private' doesn't mean they are 'dirty' or anything to be ashamed of! And Boobs where made for nursing!

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #22
L&L
Registered Users
seller

I completely agree with DoulaMomma - When DD was born, my niece was there to see me nurse her with her mom in the room with her - there was no awkward moments, just me nursing my baby. Later on, her grandma 'walked-in' on my niece nursing her baby doll, she proclaimed "Meemaw, shut the door, I'm nursing!". Because my niece was not bf'd, nor ever seen it happen before, I was slightly unsure about the influence and her curiosity of the matter until DH and my Sister said it's a healthy, normal, NATURAL thing to witness. I felt much more comfortable nursing around her and my other nieces, answering their questions, and feel it's a positive learning experience.
L&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #23
rcima
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with everyone! It really bothers me that most dolls come with bottles. Why are we teaching our children that babies are nourished with plastic?!
rcima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #24
homeschoolingmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think this could happen wether your dd was newborn or older! Role play is natural for children, I really don't see the issue.. Mama
Old 11-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #25
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ha! And here I am "bothered" that my 32 month old DD (who DOES still nurse) wants to give her baby dolls bottles! I keep telling her that "meh" is for babies, but I think that since she's been dry nursing for a few months it makes sense to her to say "They need a bottle for milk." I can't wait for her to see me nursing DD#2 when she makes her arrival! I would beg to say that your sis is more worried about what OTHER people will think then about her own daughter's development as a person.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #26
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOmof3 View Post
aww mama your doing nothing wrong. If she bothered by it she needs to teach her dd to knock and wait till she gets a response if it ok to come in. ds weaned at 28 months and i miss it
this.

I'm sorry that she's making you feel badly about your relationship with your dd and the bond you have.

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:53 AM   #27
mamamila
Registered Users
seller

I think you should tell your sister that if you aren't allowed to feed your kiddo in front of your niece that you would appreciate if her dd didn't have anything to drink in front of yours
mamamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #28
burgler
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
Umm DS4 nurses his superman (not sure how superman might feel about it) and I'm fine with it. That is how tiny humans are fed.
That is awesome! I hope my DS does that one day!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #29
new2allthis
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD ( 23 months) nurses her babies, bears, puppies, whatever. In fact, last month my SIL gave birth to my nephew and when she went to try to nurse him for the 1st time (we were there), my DD shouted "Milk!" and then proceded to put her hand down her shirt and grab her own nipple and repeatedly say "Nurse, nurse". My whole family thought it was hysterical. And btw my family thinks I should wean-not a gung-ho nursing family.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #30
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma
Not only do I not think its a big deal but I think its good for her to see. little girls need to be exposed to breasts doing what they are meant to do. They should know that its normal. Kids mimic adult behavior. And bfing is just normal adult behavior

Sent via my phone using swype. Beware of typos
Exactly. Both my nieces started nursing their dolls after I had dd and now dd does it too. It is totally normal and I prefer that to playing with dolls.